Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best registrar for premium domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
InternetX is my recommendation.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no problems with godaddy ... Then again, I don't (nor wouldn't, not in this lifetime anyway) have any domains there.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous :yo:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy hands down. The best customer service always open even at 3am when I am bored and just want to talk to somebody and that is best security you can have.

The Security is just as good as the rest of the registrars mentioned above if not better, you see a few years ago some dude named Gordon Lyon had his site shut down by Godaddy and so he made a mock site called Nodaddy.com which he made a lot of domainers scared that this was happening all the time, which is FALSE.

What most people don't realize is that having your premium domains at Go Daddy give you the most eyeballs you can have on a domain to get end users that want to buy them.

My best advice is to get all the names you actually want to sell listed for sale in Go Daddy Premium Listings or you are missing out on potential sales.

No other registar can provide this the way Go Daddy does.

-=DCG=-

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What most people don't realize is that having your premium domains at Go Daddy give you the most eyeballs you can have on a domain to get end users that want to buy them.

My best advice is to get all the names you actually want to sell listed for sale in Go Daddy Premium Listings or you are missing out on potential sales.

No other registar can provide this the way Go Daddy does.

-=DCG=-

I have alot of my domains at Godaddy and I appreciate your stand Adam but I am curious as to why most of the domainers on this board shy away from Godaddy.

CJ Jefferson

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've started using name.com recently and imho their website is outstanding - fast and efficient. $8.99 for dotcoms and free privacy. I'll be looking to put more business their way. If anyone wants to comment on their security and respect for domain-owner privacy in terms of the OP's experiences, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for whatever reason, whenever there is "domain news" in the form of stolen domains, ceased domains, domains or other "options" added to cart, no help recovering domains, etc., etc., godaddy is at the top dead center nearly each and every time.

exactly

Arrogance

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker/Fabulous

bostondan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Fabulous isnt a option for me. I dont have 500 domains- I only have 20, but they are premiums w/ established sites on them. Why they sound cool, it seems like they are more into the domain parking market then the registrar market.

So really, its moniker vs name.com vs netsol

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone other than name.com offer this or something like this? https://vipmobile.verisign.com/home.v

Please do let me know as this seems to be the extra level of protection I am looking for now.

This great replacement of my secure ID for my Paypal. I can use my iPhone.

I've started using name.com recently and imho their website is outstanding - fast and efficient. $8.99 for dotcoms and free privacy. I'll be looking to put more business their way. If anyone wants to comment on their security and respect for domain-owner privacy in terms of the OP's experiences, I'd be very interested to hear about it.

Name.com provides additional level of security, something you have to make it two-way authentication. You can buy the secure ID card and add this to your username/password to manage your accounts.

I'm hoping enom and my banks start adding security features like this.

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fabulous is great for security but if you have a high value name I'd also consider Pair.com, yes they are $19/yr but they have a secure lock that requires a number of security measures including faxing a secret code along with your drivers license to get the name unlocked.

Fabulous e-lock is great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom