Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

best registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
itwebteam wrote:

I'll have to give a 10 star review to enom.
Great prices ($6.95 for .com,.net and $4.95 fot .us or .biz!)- alot of free tools with every domain!
+++++++++++++++++

That is not my experience.

My eNom experience:

1. $29.95 renewals
2. Constant errors
3. Very rude customer service

eNom SUCKS!

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%, Enom sucks big time IMO. Just try transferring away an org or us from Enom, almost impossible. I have been trying to do transfers away for many mos., with little success. Ongoing problems with their refusing to unlock names, unlocks not working, transfer auth codes either missing or invalid and other crap, and other odd errors other (better) registars I use never do.

Plus, on about 15 names I managed to transfer away many mos ago they claim they still have the names reg'd there and are listed in my CP even though I transferred them away as long as 6 mos ago. That causes me lots of lost time and work tryimg to determine if in fact they are not at Enom, which is usually so, wasting my time. Several times I was almost forced to pay $29.95 rather than let them expire. Their renewal cost is insanely high.

To make things worse Enom Cust Serv women are amazingly rude and sarcastic, not to mention sometimes being on hold for an hour or more and paying for the call. At both Tucows and GoDaddy/WW the hold times are shorter and its an 800 number too, plus the reps are much more friendly.

---------------------------

DaddyHalbucks said:
itwebteam wrote: I'll have to give a 10 star review to enom. Great prices ($6.95 for .com,.net and $4.95 fot .us or .biz!)- alot of free tools with every domain! +++++++++++++++++

That is not my experience. My eNom experience:

1. $29.95 renewals
2. Constant errors
3. Very rude customer service

eNom SUCKS!

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uff:)
I never had this sort of problems with enom - customer service was very nice when I needed help- just once, but still...
The prices aren't that high if you have a $6.95 or $8.95 reseller account ( I can offer a free $8.95 reseller account to anyone who needs to renew/register/transfer domains there.
We are currently integrating their API on our own website (like registerfly), and there aren't much problems with that either- if anyone knows another top 5 registrar with a better API, please let us know.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ITWEBTEAM said:
uff:)
I never had this sort of problems with enom - customer service was very nice when I needed help- just once, but still...
The prices aren't that high if you have a $6.95 or $8.95 reseller account ( I can offer a free $8.95 reseller account to anyone who needs to renew/register/transfer domains there.
We are currently integrating their API on our own website (like registerfly), and there aren't much problems with that either- if anyone knows another top 5 registrar with a better API, please let us know.

totally agree with You.
No big problems, and I don`t know how someone manages to pay $29 for renew in enom? If You have $6.95 account, then its $6.95

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
totally agree with You. No big problems, and I don`t know how someone manages to pay $29 for renew in enom? If You have $6.95 account, then its $6.95

But I don't have a reseller acct at enom so I am forced to pay $29.95 due to their incompetence and difficulty in transferring names, org and us in particular, and their data base on names long ago transferred away being a joke.

Why in the world would I want to open a reseller acct with an enom reseller and in effect give business to enom when they have been so incompetant, caused me such aggravation, expense and lost time, and rude cust support, going back at least the last 8 mos or so?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome to 24/7 Registerfly.com Customer Support Service. Please wait for a site operator to respond. Your call will be answered in the order that it was received.
All our operators are currently assisting others customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
All our operators are currently assisting others customers. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Fly Support'
(mediahound): Where can I get auth codes for two of my domains to transfer away?
Fly Support: Sir/madam,Please contact us after 2-3 hours,as we are facing some ISP problem here. I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this. Your patience will be appreciated. We will be right back soon. Thanks.

This is what I waited twenty minutes for at RegisterFly just now.

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, it seems regfly and his brother expirefish are experiencing some technical problems-look what I see on expirefish - in the last 5 hours
Warning: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
They need to clear the /tmp folder on the server, I can't believe nobody did that already in 5 hours!!!

Back to enom- I'm keeping my good opinion about them,no problems so far and I have 50 + domains there.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ITWEBTEAM said:
They need to clear the /tmp folder on the server, I can't believe nobody did that already in 5 hours!!!

haha

hate it when that happens.. bad uploads terminated halfway add up

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I manage 100+ domains on enom and have had overwhelmingly good experience with them. The interface is easy, I NEVER pay more than $6.99 for anything, and anything I need to do, they have. The one time I did need support, it wasn't great (I waited about a day), but it was there.

I disagree with you Hal - enom does (IMO) belong high on this list.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom is not as bad as it is presented here IMO.
However, in my recent experience, I again have to say that Moniker seems to be the best registrar I have ever experienced.
Now, my problem is gathering the scattered domains I have all over the planet to move a huge amount to moniker (couple of thousand names)
And thanks to pool, I am sure I probably have some domains in downtown Bagdad...

As an example:
send a question to any registrars support email, and do the same to moniker.
The difference is amazing.
I agree that a better reseller interface at moniker would help, but even that can be solved through email!
And as I saw above, they are working on it.

D

Deleted member 4749

eNom.com - system rocks, support sucks, system errors sucks 2x
Moniker.com - untested
Fabulous.com - untested
GoDaddy.com - too expensive and non-competitive
Doster.com - whacko
BulkRegister.com - no thanks

acts837ad

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eNom.com - great control panel and transfers
GoDaddy.com - transfer and ads suck
Doster.com - control panel is hidious
Stargate.com - never again

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blink said:
BulkRegister.com - no thanks

Hey Blink, why don't you like Bulk Register?

I'm doing some research about them, thinking about taking advantage of their $5 special to transfer names in.

Could you post here for me if you see this?
Thanks

zest2004

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, every registrar has its own characteristics. You can choose the one most suitable for you.

nbebout

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the best registrar is Moniker. I like being able to feel confident that my domains are secure, and their customer service/support is excellent. It's not very often that you can email the CEO of a company and get a response directly from him.

--
Nicholas Bebout

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nbebout said:
In my opinion, the best registrar is Moniker. I like being able to feel confident that my domains are secure, and their customer service/support is excellent. It's not very often that you can email the CEO of a company and get a response directly from him.

--
Nicholas Bebout

Yes, Moniker is now clearly #1. I have moved all of my 15,000 names to Moniker. That is about the biggest vote of confidence I can make.

I still like BulkRegister, but like ain't.. love --and I love Moniker.

Monte doesn't just answer his email. They help you solve your problems. Monte and his crew will bend over backwards to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom