• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Best type of site to start? Most Lucrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOwner

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Hello to all :humble:

What I am asking is...
what is the best/most lucrative type of website to start nowdays?

Is it best to just buy a domain like...
Example: InjuryLawyers.com (or any high paying adsense keyword domain)and put in a lot of content about injury lawyers and trials etc...
...and of course put in Google Adsense about it and make money off the clicks of high paying keywords.

Or is a Forum the best way to make money (I would think it would be the most hard) however you always have "return" traffic with a forum of course.

So to put it SIMPLE...
I am asking WHAT IS THE THE MOST LUCRATIVE type of website to start in the industry right now/near future.

Thanks!
 
Service/Information websites. They will be much easier to monetize than a forum.
 
mobile/games/ringtones
 
Luxuries!

Well as you se. we all have different preferences about what it is easy to make money in and you will have to find the field tht suits and interests you.

And content over forums any day ;-)
 
Lets not forget about sex/entertainment :-)
 
Beastiality converts really good from what I have heared. If I were you I would make tons of beastiality sites.
 
Forums may be the worse way to make money..they are sort of like restaurants...high failure rate with incredible amount of investment to get one started...however if a forums takes off the skies the limit.

The current fad for lucrative sites appears to be myspace and arcades. I am not sure how long that will last though.

Consider just finding a subject you understand very well or are passionate about then get the best domain you can (even if you have to pay) and start getting content on it.
 
labrocca said:
Consider just finding a subject you understand very well or are passionate about then get the best domain you can (even if you have to pay) and start getting content on it.

Best advice I've heard all month.

Forums are actually pretty easy to start...and if you use free software they are really cheap too. Obviously its hit or miss, but they have a ton of potential...just look at DNF :greensmile:
 
Start with some topic you understand best, so you can offer some informations about. More lucrative = bigger competition. Find your niche, what you will have fun doing it and the money comes...
 
Well, forums don't make that much money. I have a few and they sometimes make $10/day on a good day, but my forums are not huge, a few 1000 members. The reason I love forums is that you can promote your other money making sites, like an arcade site, for free! I can start up any type of site that has no traffic and then have then hoping with all kinds of traffic in a few weeks/months. Thats where I make my money is with my free promotions/ads on my forums. :ok:
 
Beastiality converts really good from what I have heared. If I were you I would make tons of beastiality sites.

LOL. classic.

I agree with everyone else -pick something you like and are good at, unless the topic is free stuff, britney spears pics or other similar low $ topics.

I have a site about a high dollar sector, and it is a pain in the neck - no fun to work on, update or think about.

Find somewhere in the middle, and be ready to put a lot of time into it.
 
Forums are great money, especially in high paying markets. I don't think they're any harder than starting up any other site from scratch. If anything, to me, they're more rewarding b/c you have a higher rate of returning visitors, people adding free content everyday (posts), word of mouth advertising tends to be quicker, and sometimes you have members more devoted to the forum than you are :) Research your competitors and offer services or features they don't - for any site/business - not just forums.

Most lucrative, obviously stick to the top paying keywords. Yes, a million people are already involved, but you can still get traffic, and all you need is 2/3 clicks a day or just 1 lead per day, and you can have $3k+ month content site(s). Even if you can't acquire a high paying keyword domain with traffic, you can still do this. SEO, paid advertising, link exchanges,etc. If you don't know SEO, then that's when the saying "it takes money to make money" comes in. You'll need to advertise.

Make sure you have an interest in your developments..even if your only interest is the money..stay motivated.
 
Hmm, very true DV. That is another good point about forums.
 
local, local, local... business/community directory.

it actually took me 5 years to figure it out. :duh:

i can't compete with the BIG BOYS on the BIG TOPICS, and they can't compete with me LOCALLY. ;)

works for me.

cheers.
 
wow, great advice!
Thank you very much!
I will def put these tips to work.
 
DomainLoot said:
local, local, local... business/community directory.

it actually took me 5 years to figure it out. :duh:

i can't compete with the BIG BOYS on the BIG TOPICS, and they can't compete with me LOCALLY. ;)

works for me.

cheers.

Actually that's a very good idea!

Its really tough to start a forum for a certain make/model of car when there are already 5 other ones out there.

However, if you start one for your province/state/country, it's much easier...
 
^exactly what Im after...
my passion is cars as well.
I already have a local car club forum.
but yes I'm going to try and branch off into a certain make.model in my state.
thanks fellas!
 
I watched a few local import racing forums go from 100 to 5k members within a few months, so there is surely a demand for local based websites as domainloot was saying.
 
dvestors said:
Most lucrative, obviously stick to the top paying keywords. Yes, a million people are already involved, but you can still get traffic, and all you need is 2/3 clicks a day or just 1 lead per day, and you can have $3k+ month content site(s). Even if you can't acquire a high paying keyword domain with traffic, you can still do this. SEO, paid advertising, link exchanges,etc. If you don't know SEO, then that's when the saying "it takes money to make money" comes in. You'll need to advertise.

This is true? How is that possible? Which keywords will pay that much? Somebody help me out with this lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom