Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Best way to sell Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey all I am interested in knowing the best way to sell some of my better domains that I am thinking to ask mid to high X,xxx or more.. I was thinking to get account with Afternic.com but I am not sure how much Commission they take if they sell your domain. I know about Sedo & Fab. but is there any other site??

Thanks alot

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo charges 10% on the sale price. Their process is easy and even though the negotiations are blind, it's a good way to start.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bizzy said:
Hey all I am interested in knowing the best way to sell some of my better domains that I am thinking to ask mid to high X,xxx or more.. I was thinking to get account with Afternic.com but I am not sure how much Commission they take if they sell your domain. I know about Sedo & Fab. but is there any other site??

Thanks alot

afternic charges an annual fee to sell domains (about $9 > $10)

i've sold one there recently @ $500, they took $60.00 as the fee
the domain was acquired for $17.00, so still a nice profit! :)

if you have domains that are worthy, you can possibly get your price here!
though at mid to high $$$$ you may want to do escrow, if it's dealing with an unknown member.

domainsponsor says they are testing a beta version of a domain selling system,but i haven't seen any updates on this.

sedo is cool, they don't charge a fee to list names, but take 10% of sales price. it's very good if you have names at enom, as you can do a "push" to sedo's account and get your cash.

then there's ebay..........but i won't go there :(

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.. I just sold over Fab. ActiveCameras.com for 150$ but I got domains like

Reelit.com I wouldn't sell it for under 30k it does sound alot but when the right buyer comes along it will go even more up..

I just need a sites where lot of ppl come to search for domain.. Afternick i heard was good but not sure how much they charged :)

chumvi

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the best domain selling site in terms of exposure of the domain name? at Sedo, one has to pay to have a good visibility of domain. Is it the same elsewhere?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
chumvi said:
What is the best domain selling site in terms of exposure of the domain name? at Sedo, one has to pay to have a good visibility of domain. Is it the same elsewhere?

A bumper sticker on your car :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators