• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Bhutan .com - The land of Thunder Dragon

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syed

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
-----Removed-----
 
sounds more like a sales thread..but its a good domain..very small country though.and the fact that they have low tourism at a high price is not really a good thing..I have seen better country .coms going for 100K+, I think a fair value here is probably around 75K..
 
Wow ! I envy you for owning this gem. Atleast $50 K. Could go upto $100K.
Goodluck.

URLtrader
 
yeah, nice name....gl....mine must be worth less then the $9 i paid for them cause noone replyed...lol.....wanna trade ....2 for 1 special? lol
 
Thanks for the appraisals guys. I need couple of more.



I copy pasted from my sedo listing (which is a sales page) as I thought it had many facts and would help in estimating a value.

domainah said:
sounds more like a sales thread..but its a good domain..very small country though.and the fact that they have low tourism at a high price is not really a good thing..I have seen better country .coms going for 100K+, I think a fair value here is probably around 75K..
 
$40k-$100k good luck
 
Do you actually own it? I envy you too if you do.

Malta.com sold for 250k but bhutan is not yet that developed in tourism so i would appraise it for about $120k-$175k
 
Thanks for your time! Need just couple of more appraisals :)

Anyone aware of any country domain sold besides malta.com for $250,000?
 
Honestly i would say it's worth about 25 - 30k for now, because it's not yet a popular place. Maybe if you hang onto it for a few more yaears and if/when the place becomes well known and buzzing with tourists, then you would be looking around 100 - 150k for it.
 
syed said:
Thanks for your time! Need just couple of more appraisals :)

Anyone aware of any country domain sold besides malta.com for $250,000?


Macau.com - smaller than Bhutan went for mid $xxx,xxx . Paraguay.com around $150K - Gambia.com $25K , quite a few more no doubt.

Bhutan.com - would not let it go for less than $50K quickish sale or hold for the big bucks.
 
Wot said:
Macau.com - smaller than Bhutan went for mid $xxx,xxx . Paraguay.com around $150K - Gambia.com $25K , quite a few more no doubt.

Bhutan.com - would not let it go for less than $50K quickish sale or hold for the big bucks.

Macau is a very popular destination, its also very rich and big in Gambling as well, so that cant really be compared, after reading the sales of other countries, I would say its probably not worth more than Gambia at 25K, at least for now
 
Bhutan is good for tourism but not that good...... about 50 K.

There have been sales of other countries ( Colombia.com or Uruguay.com for 100k) but that was not this year.
 
Thanks for the interesting points!

Couple of more appraisals please :)
 
syed said:
Thanks for the interesting points!

Couple of more appraisals please :)
I think the comments so far were good too, care to share why you need more appraisals?
 
Definitely the comments were very appropriate and some even close to what I bought it for. More appraisals gives a better idea about the domain. More appraisals means more perspectives. Also, I have experience in several different category domains but not country domains.
 
How many could have experience in country domains.. there are only 190countries and you could have 190 domains with just country name and .com extension. $90,000-$150,000 imo. I suggest you hold on to it for atleast 3-4 years.

There have been sales of other countries ( Colombia.com or Uruguay.com for 100k) but that was not this year.

Paraguay.com $150,000 Pvt Sale 6/21/05
Uruguay.com $175,000 Sedo 7/12/05
Bogota.com - $159,500 (Nov 2005) [capital of colombia]

there are more country sales in this article "Domain Aftermarket: Highest domain sales of all time"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom