Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Bido.com buys DNZoom

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a new interview with Sean Stafford of DNZoom. He also reveals some of the Bido plans. Bido bought DNZoom last week, and it will be interesting to see how these two businesses fit together. They interview is not quite as good in some ways as the Matt Bentley and Donny Simonton videos, but putting it on Revver let me do it in one section.

http://revver.com/video/706414/dnzoomcom-and-bidocom-sean-stafford-interview/

You can click the "X" to close the ad at the bottom.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great news for Sean, congratulations, though that video on bido.com truly sucks.

It doesn't tell us anything except that we should sign up to see what bido has in store.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good times ahead!

Last edited:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i can honestly say i have no interest or use for either

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that especially with Ron Jackson on board it was actually going to be the start up of a marketing resource for the industry. Selling names back and forth between domainers is OK but what is needed is a hard nosed end-user marketing company.

Ah well, we all wait again to get the final low-down on Bido.com.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't get bido.com - it says 1 domain a day ...but it says no auction today.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
quick question with dnzoom - can you import from .ca registrars?

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be a bit risky to let passwords known to more people.

But it is great idea.

What happened to bido.com? No auction archive for september and october?

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good Luck guys.. :yo:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bido is in suspended mode, working on a return with a bang.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be a bit risky to let passwords known to more people.

But it is great idea.

What happened to bido.com? No auction archive for september and october?

This is the reason I don't use DNZoom anymore.
The security of the passwords.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The passwords are encrypted but they offer an option to just type them in each time instead of storing them. It's the same concept behind Trillian and the messenger software.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At DNZoom, you can access your accounts two ways - one way is to store your account credentials for DNZoom to crunch numbers every day on your behalf, or the second way it to opt to not store your passwords and just enter them each time you wish to interact with your parking and registrar accounts.
In addition to the password options, DNZoom is extremely secure, the various systems in place and server design are considered bank level security.

Here's some more info (as seen here):

"One of the top concerns we have heard from domain name owners is, “How will dnZoom protect the security of my domains?”

We have been extremely security conscious in building DNZoom and we believe it is of utmost importance that your domains are always protected from theft and unauthorized changes. Besides offering familiar features such as registrar transfer locking from inside DNZoom, we have taken a number of steps to lock down the application and offer a level of security that rivals any other major provider in the domain industry. DNZoom’s security features include:

* SSL authentication - all account functions take place behind a secure connection.

* User-selected private picture - helps you identify that you are logging into the real DNZoom web site.

* Secret questions - helps verify your identity, should you need to recover your password or access your account from an unknown IP address.

* IP restriction - IP logging and restricted access to “blessed” IPs.

* Secure account encryption - both the username and password to your registrar and parking accounts can be securely encrypted to enable full automation and daily synchronization.

- OR -
* Manual account control - as an added layer of security, you can choose not to store your account usernames and passwords and enter your credentials only when performing an action that requires you to be logged in to your vendor account."

Also consider our perfect track record - we have hundreds of domainers already using the services - and not a single complaint. The truth speaks for itself. We realize that we'll never gain the trust of everyone, but those that choose to participate will see the benefits.

For those still wondering what DNZoom is, allow me to explain by quoting our FAQ:
"Q. Who needs DNZoom?

A. Anyone who owns a domain name. Those who have domains registered with several different registrars know it can be a hassle to keep up with all your domains. DNZoom makes it easy to stay on top of renewals, keep contact information up to date, and make it quick and easy to register your next domain. Not to mention, our software is an excellent tool for managing your parking accounts. You now have the ability to select keywords, instantly move a domain from one parking service to another, and view parking stats and parking history to accurately determine which parking service is most profitable for each of your domains."

mkellerman, regarding what companies are integrated with DNZoom, here's the link where the list is kept current:
http://www.dnzoom.com/partners/
Please bookmark that page.

.ca domains are not a problem, theinvestor - so long as DNZoom is already integrated with your registrar, you'll have no problem managing those domains. We're also constantly adding additional registrars. If you have a suggestion for a registrar (or parking company) that we don't yet integrate with, but should, please send me a message and I'll see about the possibilities of getting them on board.

James, Bido domain auctions took a temporary hiatus. We got our toes wet, had to dry off, and are now preparing for a bigger splash. We're in the midst of rebuilding the architecture of the entire platform. Please remember that in the meantime, PortfolioHelp and DNZoom, our other services, have been working nonstop the entire time and progressing with full steam ahead. More and more partners have been added to DNZoom, more and more domainers are participating and enjoying the service, and also many domainers are successfully working with our PortfolioHelp arm.

I'm happy to answer any more questions, you may reach me via email at jarred at bido.com and of course via PM here on DNF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom