• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale BIG day at Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
462
Reaction score
0
Very odd results for me today at pool... out of just over 50 names that I submitted, they caught and sent to auction just over 30. 1 was caught and given to me.

Anyone else seeing crazy performance like this? I've never gotten more than half my domains... perhaps there are some changes going on at pool to compete with Enom's recent one-upmanship?
 
I see the same thing.

The main problem remains that the auction prices are overvalued.
 
Congrats Nameable!:-)
 
Too much of a good thing is not too good ?
 
probably these few days, some problem with other backorder service? and pool got them...
 
somebody's gotta be able to compete with them.....somebody :)
 
NetProwler said:
somebody's gotta be able to compete with them.....somebody :)

let somebody be "you" then! :party:
 
NetProwler said:
somebody's gotta be able to compete with them.....somebody :)

At this point, why should anyone or company put money and effort into a new
registrar service or syndicate of registrars. Since it appears that WLS might happen.

I agree that the prices at Pool have gone thru the roof. And, most likely it will
be many years before they re-coup their money.
 
While is does seem that many Pool auctions are high I have an explanation that may account for some of the wacked prices.

Several years ago I wanted clipit.com, but did not want to pay the asking price of $4500. I was able to pick it up from pool a month ago for $2400. I am sure some people were asking themselves why that domain went for more than $100, but to me it was a discount.

How many others are personal discounts?
 
pool keeps on getting more and more popular and more people are backordering, more people are participating overall...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom