Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal bigboydog_0 doesn't pay for web development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay so I don't really like writing these kind of threads but think its necessary. I did a few logos/headers and a couple pages for him and then he decided he wanted to develop some of his spanish domains. I think he was low on cash or whatever but I said that I would develop one of them for $450. This included setting up the website, creating all of the graphics, setting up a complete forum/populate it, do the content and all the feeds that he requested. The site would also be bilingual. Anyways normally I charge the full % upfront or at least 50% which can be confirmed by anyone else that I do work for on here.

He contacted me on a daily basis by phone/DNF/facebook about how he wanted things done, colors, pages etc.... So this was on a Tuesday and I was told he was waiting on some cash that he would pay me that Friday for at least 50% of the amount. So I went ahead and started doing the work on my hosting while he was setting up his own. Well on Thursday he sent me his hosting information and was assured that I would receive 50% the next day and that final payment either Saturday or Monday.

So I finished the basic layout of the site (setup the feeds he wanted), setup it up so it was bilingual, did the forums, and a few other basic things and waited for Friday to get the first part of the payment and then I was going to finish the design and completely set it up on his hosting for him. He is kinda clueless how to add content/etc to websites so I created a tutorial for him so he knew how to add new content and ads and how to use the forum..

Friday came and went, Saturday, Sunday.... On monday I logged onto Facebook and he was online so I sent him a message and he signed off. Now luckily for me the hardest part of the job finishing the design had not been finished but still I had put 2 days of work into a website that apparently he either couldn't pay for or had no intentions to.

If he had problems coming up with the money or didn't like the design or whatever it would have been easier to be honest versus hiding. George if you read this I am sorry that it came to this because I am not a hard person to work with and especially after I had completed numerous projects for you that should be clear by now. Or he should have never pushed to have the project done.

Hope no one else has had problems with him like this. It has now been roughly 3 weeks since I have heard from him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com