• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed BitPeople.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
BitPeople.com

What do you think ? Don't laugh, please...

I thought this as Bit in the sense of Bits and Bytes ... but later I learned that bit is also related to bite !!! Like in "another one bites the dust", yuck !

So, with a log having the "bit" word formed of ones and zeroes might I get it for a geek related website !?

Please, give opinions on usage for this name, more than a value.
 
Maybe Develope As A Computer Forum?
 
I've just found what was this domain going to be about:
http://bitdb.com/about.asp

The idea was to create a community-based website. The bitPeople community would be very different from others at the time. The members would have the power to turn the website into whatever they wanted. If people wanted to develop and extend the framework of the website, they would have the tools available to them to do so. I wrote the website to allow users to create their own classes of data [I had started writing it, anyway]. I then wrote generic object editors to present the data. So if a user wanted to create a class called "Band," then other users of the system would have the ability to add their own favorite Bands to the website. This is an oversimplification, but the idea is fairly straightforward.

Interesting !!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom