Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed bomb.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(Ironically the only apparent result of that clintonpardons.com ebay listing was that other people registered the .net, .org, and even .tv versions of the name. The .net and .org were registered thru netsol. All have since been allowed to expire, undeveloped. The cumulative amount wasted would have more than met my $100 reserve. What can I say.)

Originally posted by bcRIP

Additionally, I received quite a few e-mails in the week following the early close of the second auction by people who expressed upset and dismay that I had closed the auction and prevented them from bidding. Go figure! :(

it surprises you that people get upset when you cancel an auction that has already met reserve ?

Originally posted by snoopy
it surprises you that people get upset when you cancel an auction that has already met reserve ?

No... it didn't surprise me like that. There was no reserve set for the auction. I set a start price and bidding had slowly begun. I just was surprised in the idea that where were all of these people who were apparently interested before I closed the auction? To be honest, if bidding had been more active I would have just gone ahead and let the auction run its course.

I'm not mad at anyone, it was more a surprise of amusement (of sorts) and frustration over everything involved in the prior auction. While I was willing to take a loss on my perceived value in the domain, I wasn't prepared to give it away. I was clear in my needs and my situation, if someone was seriously interested they had business either bidding or contacting me directly as a number of people actually did end up doing, which is why I closed early.

As it stands, as of earlier this week I have had to cancel my arrangement with the individual who started this thread due to lack of payment, and a last minute request on his part to totally change the agreement and delay payment ever further. Considering everything, I count my blessings that I was able to find another more serious buyer on short notice who has met my requirements, and already issued payment. I am right now waiting for the transfer request to come through so I can release the domain.

Once the transfer is done, I'm sure you'll be able to track down the new owner and bug him about how much he paid... it's not up to me to disclose the sale amount.

Thanks for everyone's interest in this.

How can you say the auction had no reserve when you simply pulled the auction when it didn't meet expectations? To my mind that WAS a reserve (a level which you would not sell below) and shoddy practice.

I am sorry that you feel that way. I don't do this as a business. This is the only time I have ever sold a domain and I have no plans to ever get into this as a business.

This was more than just a simple "didn't meet my expectations". Several people who had shown interest at the original sale amount failed to follow through with bids in the first round because they "wanted to buy anonymously", or "wanted to wait and see if someone else bid first", etc...

Worse yet I had two people who contacted me to see if I would close the first auction early and before I even replied to them to say no, they had attempted to list this domain in other auction services as if they were the owner! That is what I call a shoddy business practice.

Then, when I ran the second listing, I had several people who wrote me with close out offers. All of this communication clearly presented a greater interest from buyers to deal with me directly than go through an auction to buy this domain, so I extended a return offer to everyone who had contacted me to close the auction which nearly everyone involved replied to. This is why I closed the auction early. Again, I am sorry if this has offended anyone, but I realize that no matter what I do there will always be someone is going to have a problem with it. I'm just glad this is done with... and I'm tired of defending myself to people I don't know. This is a bad habit I have and I think this is enough.

Again, thanks for everyone's interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators