Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bought some domains that may be of interest to Macdonalds

Wallyv

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi as the thread mentions i bought some domain names. The reason i went for these names is macdonalds are commonly referred to in the uk as Maccy d's. So much so apparently Maccy D's tried yo copyright the slang name to protect there identity. Now im a total novice to all this so excuse my ignorance. The list of domains are as followed.

Mackydees.com
Maccyds.org
Mackydees.co.uk
Maccydees.co.uk
Maccyds.co
Maccyds.club
Maccyds.uk
Maccyds.eu
Maccyds.global

Many thanks and any advise would be great!!

Wallyv

Level 1
Reaction score
Can u explain how? I have bought something legally and havnt used them for anything?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they were used for a clothing line etc...probably no worries.
But attach them to anything to do with food service and you could potentially get to know their lawyers more than you would like.:eek:;)

Wallyv

Level 1
Reaction score
If they were used for a clothing line etc...probably no worries.
But attach them to anything to do with food service and you could potentially get to know their lawyers more than you would like.:eek:;)
Im well aware of that, my point was maccy d's is used more in the uk than Macdonalds hashtags etc. Now i was wondering if i was to offer to mcds would the be intrested? I have no intention of using them for anything else. Is the .co .org .global worth any value! Or is it .com that would hold more value?

Reaction score
If you asked McD they have a choice of 3 answers - 1) no we're not interested (therefore it's worthless as you yourself pointed out in the original post) - 2) yes we're interested but it is only worth something because of us therefore you're trading on our name/marketing so hand it over or 3) - we're not interested but if you ever use it in the fast food market (and it has zero value outside of one specific use) then see number 2

So really outside of the ONE company you think they might be of importance/interest to, who could take it if they thought that was how you were planning to monetize it, who do you think you could market them to?

Wallyv

Level 1
Reaction score
If you asked McD they have a choice of 3 answers - 1) no we're not interested (therefore it's worthless as you yourself pointed out in the original post) - 2) yes we're interested but it is only worth something because of us therefore you're trading on our name/marketing so hand it over or 3) - we're not interested but if you ever use it in the fast food market (and it has zero value outside of one specific use) then see number 2

So really outside of the ONE company you think they might be of importance/interest to, who could take it if they thought that was how you were planning to monetize it, who do you think you could market them to?
Burger king so macdonalds cant have it

Wallyv

Level 1
Reaction score

Also im not trading with it i just own the domain and they may be interested in purchasing. May have been a oversite on there behalf.

Jag.me

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can u explain how? I have bought something legally and havnt used them for anything?

Your title of this thread kind of answers your own question ;)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators