Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Britons" involved in suicide bombing in Israel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register for the auction

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sponk
mr webname, nice article but I ask you to please use the nationality of the extremist rather the religion. Thanks, I would really appreciate that :)

Nice article?

Excuse me, but I think the fact that three innocent Israelis have been brutally murdered is far more offensive than labelling their murderers as Muslim extremists.

The animals responsible for this atrocity most likely call themselves Muslims. The last thing they need is apologists.

This does not mean that every Muslim is an extremist - I certainly don't believe that. But there is no denying that the party responsible for this activity deserves the label.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mr webname, nice article but I ask you to please use the nationality of the extremist rather the religion. Thanks, I would really appreciate that :)

Whilst I read what you say I cannot see why you have reason to complain I stated both and the article I linked to also stated both. I think it is also useful to stress as I did that they were Muslim extremists.

In some instances the matter of one's religion would be irrelevant but in this case it is not irrelevant because it was THE reason why they did what they did. They were Muslims who view it as a religious act to kill others in the belief that they gain some sort of eternal glory by doing so. Thankfully most Muslims do not support their extremist views and many have voiced their disapproval of their act.

However this does not alter the fact that:

1) I reported religion AND nationality.
2) Their actions were taken BECAUSE they were Muslims, albeit with extremist views and therefore religion was relevant.

sponk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Re: FrontRow
with "nice article" i meant informational. I believe you perceived it wrong, but happens all the time, even to me :)

Re: Mr Webname
Sorry to fed you up, but I got something to share you might not be aware of. Those extremist aren't true muslims, rather people who are exploiting the sitation and the religion. Islam prohibits the act of killing innocent civilians. There is a common misconception of Jihad. Altough it does mean holy way, you have to look at it from context. It actually means defending yourself. What those extremists are doing is just going into crowded areas and blowing themselves up thinking they god will save them from hell, but that's not accurate.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
70% of the Palestinian people support the suicide bombings, so according to your statements there must be a whole lot of people who think they are Muslims but aren't. We are talking about hundreds of thousands, at least.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Re: Mr Webname
Sorry to fed you up, but I got something to share you might not be aware of. Those extremist aren't true muslims, rather people who are exploiting the sitation and the religion. Islam prohibits the act of killing innocent civilians. There is a common misconception of Jihad. Altough it does mean holy way, you have to look at it from context. It actually means defending yourself. What those extremists are doing is just going into crowded areas and blowing themselves up thinking they god will save them from hell, but that's not accurate.

Sponk, whilst I do not doubt what you say, the fact is that these people (who lived in Derby in my country) were regular worshippers at their local mosque and were of Muslim parents. This being the case I think it is reasonable to call them Muslims.

Are there Muslim leaders here in the UK who are interviewed and when asked refuse to condemn their actions? Yes there are!
Are their Muslims here in the UK that actively and verbally support and encourage what they did? Yes there are!

Now were they good Muslims? - clearly not.
Are there people who call themselves "Christian" who distort christianity and do bad things? Yes there are.

I am not anti-Muslim Sponk, but we have to realise that there are those who follow the Muslim religion who are intent on doing wicked things BECAUSE of their Muslim religion, not just ALTHOUGH they are Muslim.

I think many more people would better understand your point of view about them being "not true Muslims" if more Muslims ACTIVELY spoke out in condemnation of such acts.

I wish you well and have no doubt whatsoever that the vast majority of Muslims are genuinely good people. I am neither racist or a religious bigot, I am merely stating things in reality, as they are.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is a link that provides the evidence I was discussing. If you want, I can also dig up the surveys done by other organizations that shows the disgustingly high support that is found in the Arab world for Osama Bin Laden and his psychotic 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Center towers.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/2002/06/13/30299.html

draqon, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get this statistic? I doubt its accuracy, thats the justification of my questioning.

sponk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the source you gave is not reliable and in addition its an israeli who wrote that article. Please do not change topics: we are not talking about Osama bin Laden, but the suicide bombings in Israel. Of course there are Palestinians who support the suicide bombers, but that figure is no where near 70%, maybe more like 10%. I have a few friends who have relatives there and when I asked them, they condemned it, want peace and get rid of the terror wherever it exists in that region.

Obviously, I'm maybe the only muslim (maybe they are some more who don't speak out), but there is no point for me to go through each post alone without any support to justify my responses. Well, I will not look into this post anymore and I wish you a nice day! :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Sponk, 10% is delusional.

I have consistently heard more like 60-70% as well.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"the source you gave is not reliable and in addition its an israeli who wrote that article".

Israelis are just as capable of writing objective information as Palestinians are. In fact, if you read carefully you will note that the research was conducted by a Palestinian group.

"Please do not change topics: we are not talking about Osama bin Laden, but the suicide bombings in Israel."

Terrorism in one country is related to terrorism anywhere. They share many of the same causes.

"Of course there are Palestinians who support the suicide bombers, but that figure is no where near 70%, maybe more like 10%."

This is a hilariously low figure, with no basis in fact or common sense. Whenever a hamas terrorist is executed by israel, massive crowds of 30,000 and 40,000 terrorism-supporters come out to show their support.

"I have a few friends who have relatives there and when I asked them, they condemned it, want peace and get rid of the terror wherever it exists in that region."

Your friends are in the minority.

"Well, I will not look into this post anymore and I wish you a nice day!"

Of course not. You want to preserve your deeply-held belief that regular Muslims do not commit terrorism, so you will go out of your way to avoid any evidence to the contrary. That includes intentionally avoiding posts that threaten your beliefs.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a reason this issue is far and away the most divisive one on the planet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom