Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

broker Broker wanted for domain in sedo auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchBoyd

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain is UniversityPokerTour.com. I have two somewhat smaller end-users engaged in a bidding war for this seemingly unattractive domain name. I threw out a highball BIN price of $15k to both of them and offered to push it to sedo for a fraction of it. They both have already offered mid $x,xxx for the name, but I decided to take my chances and push it to sedo with a $2k bid. It's a category killer of a niche business model that several companies are already in and could appeal to large companies outside of poker. My hope is that two of the 800 lb gorillas will get in a fight over it and pay off my mortgage in an un-precedented sale (anyone check out all-in.com this week on sedo? craziness.).

I'd like to hire someone who is capable of putting together email lists and contacting potential end-users for the domain. Ideally, you'd be able to extract whois email data from a very large list of similar domain names... I have a list of every .com containing the word "poker" an can easily get lists of all domain names containing a certain keyword. But my tools aren't as good at automatically picking out the whois information. And I have no clue about actually mass-emailing people. Everytime I've done this process myself, it's taken ages and ages sending out ten or so emails at a time.

Additionally, it would be cool if you had a list of domain buyers and marketing people in some of the bigger 500-type companies. I could definitely see some marketing guy in a company like Michelob Ultra or PizzaHut or Apple getting excited about the idea of sponsoring a university poker tour...

I'd be willing to pay either by the hour or give you a percentage fee of the final sale price provided the winner of the auction doesn't end up being one of the two end-users I have already lined up. I've got a long port of 4,000 names that I'm trimming, so any help with this deal will definitely lead to more brokering opportunites.

Cheers,
Dutch Boyd

Last edited:

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Posted a reply in another forum. I'm happy to help you with selling it by auction or selling to end users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom