Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bulkregister blocks Enom Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moral of the story - register with eNOM directly and they will take care of your names till domain names become obsolete.

I am sometimes tempted to register with the cheaper registrars. But then I ask myself, if the name I am registering is only worth this amount eg $8.99, then I shouldn't be registering it in the first place.

I want my names to be in the most secure, hassle-free location the internet can offer. To date, only eNOM fulfills my criteria.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
You can be an Enom Reseller at $6.95 and charge what you like
well $6.95 + $0.95 + 3% of total
:laugh:

By coincidence today I received a message from eNom advising me that their research shows I maintain a 'large number of domain names annually'.

She quotes a price range of $6.95-$9.95 per domain name. Anyone know what number of domains you need for the $6.95 rate?

Originally posted by fizz

By coincidence today I received a message from eNom advising me that their research shows I maintain a 'large number of domain names annually'.

She quotes a price range of $6.95-$9.95 per domain name. Anyone know what number of domains you need for the $6.95 rate?

Reply and ask huh?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Different culture! :eek:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not yet lah, LOL

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To get the $6.95 rate, you have to commit to 1000 domains (registration or transfer). Usually, you prepay and have $6950 as a credit.

Otherwise:

$8.95 - 55 domain names ( $495)
$7.95 - 500 domain names ($3975)

As you see, unless you are really serious about acting as a registration reseller, it just doesn't pay! Just use PowerPipe or RegFly, or other eNom reseller, and get low rates domain per domain ....

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by VoxKeysGtr
Not all enom transfer requests are fraudulent. I have an enom account that I want to transfer all of my domains into for the sake of management ease, and I am having trouble doing so from Joker.com which has also initiated a domain name tranfer lockdown recently. I have been in touch with their support team, but it's like pulling teeth. Those sob's are slow. I really dislike Joker.com, and I plan on transferring all of my domains (48 of them) away from them as soon as possible (If they'll let me!)

Re: Joker.com: VoxKeysGtr - did you notice that the "window" for registrar transfer request to be received BY Joker.com is not set concurrent to your affirmation of the transfer request to Joker.com.

You may reply yes to a transfer being allowed by Joker (via the email to the owner and admin contact), but Joker sets the "window" to start 5 days or so into the future. So any request from the "new" registrar arriving PRIOR to this "window" commencement is automatically discarded.

In other words, you reply YES today to Joker.com, but can only set up the transfer 5-6 days from now ....

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the breakdowns NameBox.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
www.onlineNic.com buy 100 for $6.69

Yes, Whois ... but as I asked before:

Have you used them?
Are they as feature rich as eNom?

Otherwise, it is not fair comparison. I am not as concerned about a dollar here or there up front, as they appear to be more expensive if you start adding their fees for eNom's "free" added value features.

Maybe not so important for an end user, but if you intend on reselling, they quickly exceed eNom's $8.95 price once you have to pay for their "extras".

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
To get the $6.95 rate, you have to commit to 1000 domains (registration or transfer). Usually, you prepay and have $6950 as a credit.

Otherwise:

$8.95 - 55 domain names ( $495)
$7.95 - 500 domain names ($3975)

Looking at those figures I'm happy to stay put with BulkRegister, even at their $10 rate, because I don't want to have to shell out big bucks upfront, plus the hassle of movin' names around.

Although BR could sharpen the pencil a little and make it $9.75 or something like that just to get below that $10 threshold. It's only a few pennies, but it's a pschological thing when you have a sizeable portfolio to renew over a year.

I am also very familiar with and like the BR site layout, so I feel comfortable with leaving the bulk of my portfolio there. All three names, LOL. jk

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox

Re: Joker.com: VoxKeysGtr - did you notice that the "window" for registrar transfer request to be received BY Joker.com is not set concurrent to your affirmation of the transfer request to Joker.com.

You may reply yes to a transfer being allowed by Joker (via the email to the owner and admin contact), but Joker sets the "window" to start 5 days or so into the future. So any request from the "new" registrar arriving PRIOR to this "window" commencement is automatically discarded.

In other words, you reply YES today to Joker.com, but can only set up the transfer 5-6 days from now ....

I finally got a response from Joker support and they said exactly what you did. Thanks! I didn't notice that part in the email that they send, or they don't mention that part. Ther documentation is rather sparse, so I beleive that is what caused the problem. Thanks namebox! :cool:

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lew
So if you steal for me without me asking and I know you are stealing and I keep the stuff and I keep paying you for the stolen merchandise - I am not doing anything wrong? (not an exact analogy but it's pretty close)

IF you KNOW then yeah you'd probably be doing something wrong - ask a lawyer not me. Now does Enom KNOW? Following that, prove that they knew.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Fizz: Many eNom reseller's have rates at $8.50 or below for new regs, and $7.99 for transfers. RegisterFly is always running promotions, and powerpipe is always amongst the lowest cost providers.

I agree, though, a dollar plus or minus is not material, the key is any added value services, and the legitimacy of the registrar.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namebox :

Goto www.onlinenic.com and register for the Platinum Membership for $679 - now you can register domains for $6.69 each.

Now Login and click Bulk on the left - One Step Registration

Now at 2pm EST enter the list of your valuable and traffic drops for that day in the domain list box.

complete the "Registrant* full name(individual or entity)" box

Tick the " I have read, understood and will accept the Domain Name Registration Agreement of OnlineNIC Inc. "

Now click "begin Registering

And it will attempt to register the domains

just keep clicking register and register more domains

reg - back - reg - back - over and over

for a full 30 minutes or so at drop time.

When you are successful it will tell you when it has registered a domain

Don't do it to many times else they will ban your ip !!!!

This bulk one click is better than enom

but yes enom have more features - like domain forwarding

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan lol does it work well?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks NameBox for the helpful suggestions. I must say I do like eNom’s domain security transfer lock system, which I notice some other registrars are also including now.

One a lighter note, one major problem I would face with transferring names is that it would drastically reduce the value of my portfolio. My names are mostly “reg fee at best”, which is currently $10. If I transfer them at $7.99, suddenly they’ve devalued by $2.01 per name :eek: :eek:

7.75 bulk...
I know some people claim to have problems with SG but in my 2 years as a customer I have zero complaints.....the sale process for sellers is fast ...you open a new account and transfer the name to buyer 24 hrs done!
plus I beleive the minimum to open your bulk acct is infinitesimal....

The supposed reason that some other ICANN registrars have a problem with eNom here, is that eNom refuses to deal with their reseller - acting as Domain Registry of "Canada", "America", "Europe", and soon to be coming to another region of the world near you.

Their marketing practices are deceptive, and they are being sued to stop in many countries.

eNom will not shut them off, and this reportedly pisses off others in the business who don't support deceptive marketing from their resellers.

The wars have only begun here I'm afraid.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators