• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Burds.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skrrrd

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2006
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Any thoughts on value for this name : Burds.com?


Thanks!
 
sounds like birds. i guess you could dev and start branding it. low xx, unless it gets traffic somehow.
 
short...brandable...pronouncable

low xxx undeveloped
 
Preoccupy said:
burd means a lady or maiden ?

I have no idea - never heard the term used that way. Is that slang or originated from a language?
 
So, I guess I will hold onto this one.
 
What kind of figure did 'you' have in mind?
 
I don't really have anything in mind, but I'll certainly consider any reasonable offers. In other words, don't offer a ridiculous $40 like slipknot did. Why did you put 'you' in quotes? Am I a fictional representation of myself? :-)
 
Nothing personal there about the 'you', it was a case of trying to find out what you thought it was worth rather than what others had said.

No offence meant and apologies if misunderstood.
 
No problem - I was just kidding. I just found it amusing that I was in quotes. :-) No offense taken.

If you want me to commit to a price opinion, then I probably would not be interested in offers below $1000. Right or wrong, its a short pronouncable domain. Some might consider it a typo. I think its worth at least that as a standalone name.
 
Sorry, my bad ! :hurt:

skrrrd said:
I have no idea - never heard the term used that way. Is that slang or originated from a language?
 
I would agree with you. It is very easily brandable on the net, although of course not in the spoken word.

It has an OVT of 85 and the singular 'Burd' has an OVT of 612!

If I were you I would hang onto it and possibly develop it a little and get Google Adsense on it.
 
I think it could be brandable, it's short, easy to spell, so xxx to low xxxx is reasonable for an end user price, if you're willing to hold on. btw, in the UK 'birds' is slang for women I think.
 
BILLBO said:
If I were you I would hang onto it and possibly develop it a little and get Google Adsense on it.

Yeah, this is probably what I will do. I have a few ideas.
 
skrrrd said:
Yeah, this is probably what I will do. I have a few ideas.

Good choice on hanging on it first! I'ld see how i can play ard with name with development, and see how things take on from then. Looking on a high $xxx potential.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom