Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

BuyDomains.com is such a waste of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to waste your time or my time with this, but I want to give you all a heads up. Based on our experience with BuyDomains.com over the past two weeks, I suggest you stay away from that company for the following reasons:

* They sell domains that aren't under their control.
* We've emailed them 5 times and haven't received a single reply.
* We tried to call them but that was a no go.
* Customer support doesn't reply to our e-mails, but the same people send out spam emails with special offers to us.

If our client wouldn't have been so understanding about the incompetence of BuyDomains.com, we would probably have taken BuyDomains to court for breaking contracts/legal agreements related to a specific domain.

Oh, there is no need for BuyDomains.com reps to save their reputation in this thread. It's too late for that. The damage is done, now it's time to feel the aftershock.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, I emailed them 3 weeks ago and just on friday I got a lame reply that they have forwarded my concerns to their tech people, they are awful and would not recommend using their service.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought a few domains and no problems with them. Usually quick reply.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just bought 2 domains from them and they were pushed to a GoDaddy account in under 24 hours. I worked with Joel (if that's who reps on this forum)-- great guy, great company and great service.

ThreeD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
amplify, I can't say we had the same experience but I'm glad it worked out for you.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
awful customer support, still waiting on the parking issue from 3 weeks ago... goes to show you they wont reply to customers unless their is a commission involved.

m0rtal

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not very active here as far as posting goes but just found this thread via Google... just had the same experience. Bought a domain on the 13th of November and haven't heard anything. When I inquire via e-mail I get some standard "we are still working with the seller". Yeah I'm sure you are. No replies to my voicemail, can't get anyone intelligent on the phone, etc.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this was your experience.

I too have worked with them for years now and currently use Joel who has always been great, fast and willing to help.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Similar issue with Afternic > They downgraded their site design recently. You'll notice that there's no advanced search anymore. You can only search by keywords now. I sent them an e-mail regarding this and no response at all.

Last edited:

christinaforker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Christina and I am the Customer Service manager here at NameMedia (BuyDomains/Afternic). We are happy to resolve any issues you may have, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] or at 781-839-7930.

Afternic has not been downgraded - quite the contrary, we actually just improved our search dramatically. The time it takes for a search to resolve has been reduced by at least 3 fold if not more, and if you don't believe me try it for yourself. As for the advanced search, we removed this from the live version of the site so that we could improve it as well. This will be tweaked and placed back on the live site in the near future.

Let me know if anyone has questions, I'm here to help.

Regards,

Christina Forker
Customer Service Manager, NameMedia
[email protected]
781-839-7930

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The good news: Christina has helped me many times, and is a good contact to have at NameMedia.

The bad news: she has had to help me many times because Afternic's software is just riddled with senseless design choices (and some bugs) that make it painfully hard to accomplish much there. I have essentially given up.

Bill McClure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to give BuyDomains high marks. I bought a domain this week they had for $ 10,000. It was listed for $18,000. Aaron Visaggio worked the acquisition. Good Job.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They have a 2 word domain listed for $210,088, this is double what it was a year ago.. Their obviously inflating their prices and making you think your getting a discount, when in reality your paying their original asking price or perhaps more.

As for selling your domains?, If the tables were turned and I offered this same domain to them, I'd be lucky to receive a offer over $1000.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have a 2 word domain listed for $210,088, this is double what it was a year ago.. Their obviously inflating their prices and making you think your getting a discount, when in reality your paying their original asking price or perhaps more.

As for selling your domains?, If the tables were turned and I offered this same domain to them, I'd be lucky to receive a offer over $1000.

It's called business. :) Although, I agree most of their listing prices are absolutely insane.

Anyways, I call BuyDomains all the time and I've never had any problems with them. Bought a few names from them as well without any problems at all.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's called business. :) Although, I agree most of their listing prices are absolutely insane.

I've always been a strong believer in capitalism, but when a company uses unscrupulous methods in obtaining domain names, much the same way NameAdministration and VAxis used exclusive drop catchers, that DENIED the rest of us the opportunity in obtaining a particular domain, and then have the audacity to mark it up 200,000 percent, that's not just unscrupulous, it's downright GREED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators