Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

BuyDomains Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

Aaron @ BD posted some domain names in reply to domains wanted thread today.

I removed them and sent him a pm, stating that brokered domains can only be post in Brokerage section.

He says BD owns the domains and they are not being brokered.

However, I stated to him that unless HE owns all the domains...then he is a third party who works for a company.

He said BD is no longer a brokerage, but I still advised him to send his list via pm and also advised that he could post them in brokerage section as well.

Finally, I said I would address this with Admins as I see it as a "grey" area, so what are your thoughts?

Thanks
Don

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me technically he works for the company so he represents the company to sell the names.

true, but he could get fired while in negotiation or transfer process with a buyer here.

and since HE doesn't own them, that's the grey area.

he could also make an agreement, that could later be rejected by higher-ups in the company

we also need to make sure that they won't be shifting employees as users for BuyDomains account.

but i'll go with however the wind blows on this.

Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does BuyDomains has an account here?

they've always been on the forum in disguise

but they just created an Exclusive account yesterday

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new user name BuyDomains I created yesterday and gave the VP of Marketing, Karen, as she is interested in possibly a banner here. There are 13 other account with buydomain email addresses in the system and the last was used in 2011. So regardless, he should be PMing his list and not posting like a big advertisement.

I responded to your PM Don, good job, and included Aaron so he would get the idea.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new user name BuyDomains I created yesterday and gave the VP of Marketing, Karen, as she is interested in possibly a banner here. There are 13 other account with buydomain email addresses in the system and the last was used in 2011. So regardless, he should be PMing his list and not posting like a big advertisement.

I responded to your PM Don, good job, and included Aaron so he would get the idea.

Hi Chuck

thanks for getting back

but....

since only John and dragger had posted, I replied to Aaron that he could repost the names in Domains Wanted section.

though I should have just stayed with my "gut"

however, since you sent that pm to us, I think in the future he'll do the right thing. :)

Thanks again!

Chuck

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No worries Don, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators