Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Buying a Domain, am I being scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi eglobal84,

I just saw your post. If you have any issues with your domain or the transaction at Fabulous.com feel free to drop me an email or PM.

Also, so everyone knows, once a domain is transferred to us, unfortunately it can not be transferred out for 60 days. However, it can be pushed to another Fabulous account (free of charge).

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Domain Summit 2024

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, so here is an update. I wired Escrow and they already received the money. The seller needs to transfer the domain. I contacted the seller and he is transferring it to his "own" account at DirectNIC and then pushing it to my DirectNIC account.

Just curious, why would he not just transfer it directly to my DirectNIC account? The reason he gives is he has experience with registrars and transfers. He just wants to ensure it arrives ok.

Anyone have any input?

I never dealt with such large money domain purchases and my gut is little shaky with how this guy does things. Though one interesting thing is he added me to his personal profile on Facebook. He has several hundred friends, photos and history there...

if it wasn't for that, I'd probably be having an ulcer by now.

-Steven

PS, thanks for your post Mike Fabulous. For some reason I feel presence of royalty, lol.

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a pretty elaborate facebook with bunch of info and photos. However come to think about it, he can just swipe everything from someone else and clone an identity.

Come to think, Escrow said this seller has a lot of past history with them, though hasn't mentioned good or bad history...

-Steven

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I know its going to sound funny, but I met the seller. I flew to usa from hk on jan 19th, staying in san diego. My partner had some products to pickup so we went to los angeles. I figured might as go and get a chinese visa. During the road trip, I remembered he lived in LA. So called him and met him for lunch.

The facebook is definately his.

Anyways, domain at directnic and sooooon be mine (wahahahaha) (dr evil laugh)

-steven

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, anyone following whatever happened. The domain is mine, mine, alll mine!!

case closed!

oh, the domain was "modified-by-attila".com - got it for $6000 USD

worth or not?

Last edited:

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$6k? You told us it was $5k ... errr ... $1k and the "other" domain was $4k. Must a have been a reall killer lunch to cost ya a $1k more. Or did you have lots of Shark fin and Birds nest soup? ( That stuff will set ya back some $$ )

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, I western union him like $1,500 since my friend/parents borrowed me the $4,500. Originally it was $5k in escrow and $1k via WU. I just didn't want to make things complicated on here so I stuck with the basics.

Surprisingly the seller bought lunch (mexican food, carne asada steak burrito with guacamole) and it was quite delicious until the cook forgot to spread the onion n chives. One bite with a mouthfull of spring onion is not as enjoyful as one can imagine.

He is a pretty good guy (the seller) and we will probably be internet friends for life. I will have to buy another domain from him the next time I am in LA, otherwise I am stuck with the lunch tab (hahaha)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am speechless....wait I guess Im not because I just said I am speechless...shut up JP, ok.

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congradulation on the buying...wish someone would come see me :) and buy one of my awesome leet domain for $6000 :p
lol
congrats tho. Whats the other domain?

Attila

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send me a list of all your domains via PM or post them here...

-Steven

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally it was $5k in escrow and $1k via WU. I just didn't want to make things complicated on here so I stuck with the basics.

I see...err...I think....

eglobal84 said:
Surprisingly the seller bought lunch (mexican food, carne asada steak burrito with guacamole) and it was quite delicious until the cook forgot to spread the onion n chives. One bite with a mouthfull of spring onion is not as enjoyful as one can imagine.

...Words fail me...

eglobal84 said:
He is a pretty good guy (the seller) and we will probably be internet friends for life. I will have to buy another domain from him the next time I am in LA, otherwise I am stuck with the lunch tab (hahaha)

Match made in heaven, by the sound of it...:)

Obliduty

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha,

A few thousand google searches of "free domain" + "tax claims" commences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom