Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld .ca Domain Lifecycle Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I thought I would share some of the knowledge I have regarding the .ca domain lifecycle and how it works. This may help to eleviate some confustion.

- After registering a domain it is place into the Add-Grace Period, this period lasts for 5 days and during this time a registrar can delete the domain for a refund. There are specifications for how many a registrar can delete to avoid "tasting".

- After the 5 days add-grace period the domain is moved to Registered for 1-10 years depending on the number of years of registration.

- 60 Days after registration the "transfer prohibited" flag is removed allowing you to transfer your domain to a new registrar or to push to a new registrant

- After the registration has expired it is moved into an auto-renew grace period, this deducts the renewal fee from the registrar and they will either collect it from the client or issue a delete command. This period lasts for 45 days if the registrar doesn't delete the registration. Domains in this stage are pushable and transferable currently but this may change I've been told.

- If the registrar issues a delete command the domain name is moved to Redemption Grace Period, this period lasts for 30 days, domains are transferable and pushable in this period.

- Lastly the domain enters TBR status if its not renewed / transfered in the RGP, where it stays for 60hours to 1 week depending on the time it drops.

I hope that helps, if you have any specific questions feel free to post here or send me a PM.

Best Regards,

Jason

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators