Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Can we wait for the .mobi auctions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Boys,
it's almost upon us. Let's sit back & watch the sales. I hope everyone's in for some serious GREEN after the auctions with some of their domains.
Here's a link for what's going up.
http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2006/10/2006-10-18-dotMobi-Set-to.html
Incidentally if you're a .mobi owner, send sedo an email & ask when they are going to group .mobi with .info, .net etc when you go through to domains. They say it's a top level domain & it'll make it much easier to sell if they're grouped together on an equal footing. People power. :cheeky: If enough send the mails, they'll act, i'm sure.
And for the non-believers of .mobi, it reminds me of the joke about the Jewish Guy who kept going to church & begging God to win the lottery. In the end God got so fed up with him he said, yeah, i'll consider it, but in the meantime buy a f***ing ticket! LOL

WOOOOAHHH!
Predator :peace:

Domain Summit 2024

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It should be interesting, although I'm not a big fan of these first 10 premium names submitted to the auction. There are much better names on that list.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly!
Most of us have got a few better than these!
Hopefully the press pick up on it though, we need it seeping into the public consciousness maaaan! Bring it on ! :cell:
Pred

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since they arnt the greatest names, if they do sell for a decent amount i think things more related to the mobile world will be worth at least as much even if they arnt as short like a couple of the 3 charactor ones being auctioned..

that said, these are the first 10 names being auctioned off so just take the selling prices for what theyre worth.

it is what it is.. .mobi is still in the hype stage.. even if they sell for a nice amount it could just mean someone paid a whole bunch of money for nothing.. who knows.. but it will be very interesting to see what a group of domainers/developers currently pay for these domains.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very true & don't worry not getting carried away, just exciting times possibly for a small percentage of my stock.
if you flip the argument for example, take numeric .coms. in the most part the general public & businesses couldn't give a hoot about them yet domainers constantly pay big bucks for them. personally nice if other domainers start paying big bucks for .mobis, but i would rather big business & the public got involved.
we just need to sometimes take a step out of this goldfish bowl that we work.
anyhow good luck to all.
no doubt there's logic & dreaming mixed together. it happens when your credit card bills are as bad as mine! :boxing:
Pred

seanboy

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I submitted a few mobis to the auction and never heard back. I guess I was rejected. Oh well.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I, for one, will be following the outcome of the .mobi auctions very closely!

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it would be really hard to lose money for those people that were involved in landrush and the couple weeks that followed.. unless you reg'd really bad names you will almost always be able to recover your reg. fee and it will only be wasted time.

and thats what speculation is all about, staying afloat till you get it right.
some of the most critical naysayers forget that..

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:amen:

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to see the results. :music:

Friday October 27th

1:30PM-5:30PM World's largest and only live domain auction takes center stage. We expect several million dollars in high profile domains to change hands. The auction alone is worth the price of admission for any domainer or investor. Sponsored by Moniker.com and refreshments and snacks provided by the folks at .mobi

Luckily I got one domain accepted, now just to see if it gets voted into the live auction!

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
it keeps getting better, and too those of continue to call the .mobi garbage... keep it up... were cashing in!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it keeps getting better, and too those of continue to call the .mobi garbage... keep it up... were cashing in!

I for one support .mobi, but speaking on behalf of most serious domainers, I wish you'd crawl back under the rock you came from.

xTOPSECRETx

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I for one support .mobi, but speaking on behalf of most serious domainers, I wish you'd crawl back under the rock you came from.

ANOTHER HATER!!!!! WOW, YOUR TYPE JUST MAKES ME SICK:crazy: :doh: PHILTY DOMAINER

Lo$er!!!!

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ANOTHER HATER!!!!! WOW, YOUR TYPE JUST MAKES ME SICK:crazy: :doh: PHILTY DOMAINER

Lo$er!!!!

Let them hate the .mobi domainers...

Who will have the last laugh?

Gold members are not allowed to have links in their signatures!
Do not continue to put up fake signature links again!

Thanks

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uh..you guys are seriously misunderstanding.. but i cant figure out if its worth me explaining.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uh..you guys are seriously misunderstanding.. but i cant figure out if its worth me explaining.

You're right, it's not. For those old enough to remember, it's kind of like the dotcom era when new investors were spitting on the old investors with traditional values. They came pretty darn close to convincing the world that old ideas of price/earnings ratios and such were for fools.

My belief is that mobile devices will be used somewhat frequently for things like information search. And then one day we will discover that very little actual commerce is done on mobile devices other than ringtone downloads. And your traditional PPC advertisers will not be very interested in advertising on .mobi domains.

Like I said before, make your money early. Does that make me a hater?

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My belief is that mobile devices will be used somewhat frequently for things like information search. And then one day we will discover that very little actual commerce is done on mobile devices other than ringtone downloads. And your traditional PPC advertisers will not be very interested in advertising on .mobi domains.

Like I said before, make your money early. Does that make me a hater?

You're not, but there are some haters... Howcome that they hate and say such stupid things??? I really don't know...

I agree with you that dotcom in general will always be bigger than dotmobi. Much bigger...
But what I mean is that dotmobi is not worthless for an investor. It's not only about PPC and ads (on information sites). It's also about bookings:

Hotels
Last Second Deals
Gambling
Shopping
and of course the Ringtones and MP3s.

There will be an after market for dotmobi's! I am sure this week some dotmobi's will do $XX,XXX.xx There may be some guys who think dotmobi sucks; ok let them, we'll see what investors will pay for some of them...

GAMBLE.mobi ~ HOSTELS.mobi ~ SportsNews.mobi ~ NOTARY.mobi

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There will be an after market for dotmobi's! I am sure this week some dotmobi's will do $XX,XXX.xx There may be some guys who think dotmobi sucks; ok let them, we'll see what investors will pay for some of them...

I like to use the analogy of a shopping mall for new extensions. When you build a new shopping mall you don't know if it will be huge, be a failure or somewhere in between. Good stores bring customers and more customers bring more good stores...and the circle continues. Or, customers stop in, can't find anything worth returning for, and the circle goes the other way. It will be all about what can be done early to bring the right businesses and a good number of customers. That's why I think that domain speculation in general is bad for a new extension. I have heard that about 6,000 names were reserved for a specific purpose...which could be a very, very smart move that brings more value to all .mobi owners. If those are premium type-ins that are quickly developed, that could be the best thing that happens to you, and it will probably become the norm for introducing new extensions. If they are just being held for speculation to be sold at a profit, that could be terrible for the extension and .mobi owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom