Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cancellation of tonight's auction? Add name here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given tonight's technical problems, not everyone wants to wait and see what happens....

So, if 15+ folks agree to call it off tonight, let's call it off, and do it next time.

Post here if you agree to call it off tonight, and do it next time.

Upvote 0

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
parwold says YES

Domain Summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like it would be the right thing to do. Finally got in the chat room and people are reporting these server problems have been going on since 2 this afternoon, so it doesn't look like there is anyway more than a handful of bidders can take part. Looked to me like most of the 15 auctions that did go off ended considerably lower than they would have if people could have gotten in to bid. I am hopeful Greg will void the auction and restart from the beginning to give everyone a fair shot.

Idledomains

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree, Auction should be voided

QuillSpirit

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have not been able to login to the auction, as well as at least 20 other people in the chat room. This auction should be voided completely due to the server problems!

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
Looks like it would be the right thing to do. Finally got in the chat room and people are reporting these server problems have been going on since 2 this afternoon, so it doesn't look like there is anyway more than a handful of bidders can take part. Looked to me like most of the 15 auctions that did go off ended considerably lower than they would have if people could have gotten in to bid. I am hopeful Greg will void the auction and restart from the beginning to give everyone a fair shot.

As always the voice of reason. Agreed!

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We need to hear from the braintrust. They should get an opportunity to fix the problem. Otherwise I say we hold it tommorow night.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It will have to be another night. The UK/Euro guys in the chatroom already said they can't stay up any longer, so they have left to go to bed - so have many U.S. people. The board is too slow for me to even get in a post without waiting 5 minutes for a page to load, so I am done for the evening too.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree to cancel tonight.

Reschedule for tomorrow, mid-week, or next week?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think any reasonable person who attempted to pay the site an even cursory visit PRIOR to the auction knew something was very very wrong! Though I was hopeful it would be an "easy" adjustment by the time of the auction, obviously that wasn't the case ... and potential bidders were, in fact, shut out from participation. It should be an entire cancellation, and, in my opinion, should be re-scheduled for mid-week, THIS week! Then, back on to our regularly scheduled programming. To me, that just seems most fair to all concerned.
Finally, in advance, I'd like to commend the membership for their patience, and the Administration (Greg, moderators, and programmers) for dealing with the problem ... no doubt they are pulling their respective hairs out as we write, and racking their brains to correct the issue. We shall make it through this! :)
Goodnight everybody ... stay :cool: !!

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Poop! I was looking forward to this one too!

-WC-

Christopher Marks

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definately cancel - all the people who were staying up late for this left anyways. And let people with listed domains remove the listing from the next auction.

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cjmacd
I won a few auctions on the first ones before the crash

so i would like to say yes. but in the name of fairness lets do it again

oops got that reversed i wouldn't mind a no

but lets do it over :)

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Agreed

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auction should be cancelled for tonight and the names auctioned earlier, voided.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's 16, so I think we have a consensus. Good night, guys.

Better luck on the next one.....Matrix Reloaded. :)

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>That's 16, so I think we have a consensus.

Hey! What is this? An ICANN meeting? :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom