Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Can't Register Domains at Enom Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to register 11 domains at Enom (divided between two orders placed over 6 hours ago) and none have been processed. When you look up the orders it says "Authorization Successful" but when you click for the details its says Not Billed for all 11 domains (actually no authorization was needed in the first place because the reseller account was already funded). They remained available for anyone to register so I sent a high priority note to support that has not been answered. Finally gave up and went somewhere else to register them. Anyone else having this problem? It applied to multiple extensions so if they aren't processing any regs today that's going to be a big revenue hit.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I have the same problem
I was not billed, I don`t aww them in my account
But, they are regiatered with enom and they show my whois.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had problems, and my clients have had problems lately. Registrations or transfers. Usually hanging on the credit card processing mostly.

~ Nexus

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my case no card processing was necessary as it is a prefunded reseller account. That's why their authorization successful makes no sense. And if they had made a successful authorization to a card why didn't they process the registration orders that have been sitting there for 10 hours now (rhetorical question as no one but them would no and they're not responding).

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same problem here Duke - 5 orders went through about 7 hours after we placed them this AM - They finally did go through. Wrote the help center and no response? It was not a credit card error on our part as the funds were in the account. Hope yours have gone through by now - Steve

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Yesterday I registered 2 domains and although it's got a pending charge on my card and the domains are no longer available for registration - they don't appear in my account. No response from enom for over 24 hours now.

I suspect they have quite a mess to sort out.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
I tried to register 11 domains at Enom (divided between two orders placed over 6 hours ago) and none have been processed. When you look up the orders it says "Authorization Successful" but when you click for the details its says Not Billed for all 11 domains (actually no authorization was needed in the first place because the reseller account was already funded). They remained available for anyone to register so I sent a high priority note to support that has not been answered. Finally gave up and went somewhere else to register them. Anyone else having this problem? It applied to multiple extensions so if they aren't processing any regs today that's going to be a big revenue hit.
Wish I had read this post before attempting to register 2 names just now
Exactly the same problem

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crap. Ok... now I've got 5 renewals in limbo for the last half-hour. This ain't good. Think eNom purposefully put the brakes on due to some system-wide problem... or due to some system-wide problem that put the brakes on, eNom is scrambling to figure it out...? Ug.

~ Nexus

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get this often for 5 mins to 2 hours but can't remember longer.

I wish they were processed within 30 secs like certain orders sometimes are.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep ... I had a really crappy day with Enom. I added $170 to one of my reseller accounts, in order to renew 22 domain names in my "names only" account. ENOM took $137.78 of this, did not renew any of my domains, and won't respond to my inquiries. I've just about had it with these idiots.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the Enom support center page:
"Our staff is available Monday thru Friday, 6am – 6pm Pacific Standard Time."

The word "is" is only ever preceeded by the singular, in the version of english that I use.
Does that mean Enom only has one support staff?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same here.

It occured a few months back again, and was corrected only after I sent support a note and they thanked me for bringing the matter to their attention and fixed it.
You all need to send support a notice about the issue.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, Seeker. I've submitted my ticket. Renewed my domain names at 8pm yesteday, and I'm still waiting. Not good.

Maybe this maintenance is happening early?
-----------
The eNom website will be unavailable while we are having Scheduled System Maintenance - Oct. 16 6:00PM - Oct. 17 12:00AM PDT (UTC 01:00 - 07:00 Oct 17) 2004. During this time you will be unable to make new registrations or updates to domains or accounts. Thank you for your patience.
-----------

~ Nexus

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent a support ticket immediately ... still no response. I doubt that Enom does much of anything "early." Certainly, responding to resellers' urgent support tickets is one activity that seems to be delayed considerably.

By the way, a word of warning to all of you ... I tried to register another domain name through a different (non-names only) reseller account. Again, Enom took the funds, but did not register the name. I then went over to GoDaddy and registered the domain name with no difficulties whatsoever. So, if there is a domain name that you REALLY want to acquire, you may not want to "trust" that Enom will even be ABLE to follow through and register it for you once they have the current "bugs" worked out. Thought you all would want to know ... sorry to be the bearer of potentially upsetting news, but it's better to be well-informed than lose domain names that are really valuable.

Good luck to all!

Sheila

aww

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got a reply from support.
We are currently experiencing some issues with order processing. I have forwarded the details to our development team to investigate. I will get back with you as soon as I have some answers. Depending on what they find and the complexity of the problem, it may be some time before we get any further details. I have requested that they look into this and get us a resolution as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, thats what they had answered back a couple of months ago. it was fixed about 3 hours ater I received that same email.

Let's hope it works.

I have 4 domains 'processing', and 7 transfers that should have made it through but show as processing still.
Also, after 2 hours from a transfer, you are charge 2X the price per domain until the transfer is complete. After which they replace back half of the double order.
Strange system.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I am approaching 24 hours on one order I placed yesterday and they still haven't acted on it. I did finally hear from support this morning acknowledging that two other domains had been registered but not put in my account (I alerted them to this when they told me the domains were not available and I pointed out the WhoIs records showed me as the owner). They also indicated it could be some time before they figure out why they haven't processed the other order. This passage is not very reassuring:

"I have forwarded the details to our development team to investigate. I will get back with you as soon as I have some answers. Depending on what they find and the complexity of the problem, it may be some time before we get any further details."

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I "promised" to add a year to a domain and push it within minutes of receiving payment, but of course the extra year hasn't been added yet, so I'm left looking a bit foolish.

As it didn't add the first time I tried again, so I'll be giving away an extra year for free eventually.

They could have given a warning about this during the registration/renewal proceedure so that us clients were aware that there would be a problem :-(

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the same "canned" response. Isn't this wonderful?? This affects "only" 23 domain names of mine. I just love seeing what so much power does to an individual registrar.

Obviously, by now, they know what has happened. Either someone has hacked into the system, something has broken down, or whatever. To treat all of us resellers as if we were 1st graders who had never registered a domain name in our lives is truly an example of hitting an all-time low for this company. Better, perhaps, just to "fess up" and tell us what is going on, don't you agree?

Just my two cents ... at this rate, that may be all that I'll have left if I don't start moving my domains to another registrar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators