Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Case Study Survey: What Were Your Three Best and Three Worst Domain Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a spin-off of another thread that I didn't want to take off-topic, but prompted this thought. For the assistance of newcomers like myself, would some of you domainers who have some serious experience post your three best and three worst deals? I would suggest that, if you want to participate, you post the
Domain Name
First Registration Date
How You Acquired It
When You Acquired It
How Much You Paid
When You Sold It
How Much You Sold It For
How You Sold It
To Whom

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if a lot of people would be willing to post their domains or go overboard with specifics.

As for the topic, my "best deal" was on a domain I have no intention on selling (but it is near the front of the line for development). A good deal doesn't always result in a sale.

But, in March of 2008 I hand registered a domain (city.com) for $7 and in July sold it for $90. During that time it made a couple of dollars parked, too. I sold it on this forum to another member. Not bad for a 1200% profit margin.

charlescarreon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, Draggar, secrecy may be congenital in domainers, but I notice that if people have done well, they like to brag, and why not?

Perhaps I need to set an example. Here's my only profitable domain sale, ever.

Domain Name: AFPTV.COM
First Registration Date: Approx Nov 2006
How You Acquired It: New Registration
When You Acquired It: Reg date
How Much You Paid: Reg fee
When You Sold It: Approx July 2007
How Much You Sold It For: $3,500
How You Sold It: To a lawyer for the acquirer
To Whom: Agence French Presse

I have no other successful domain sales, so every other domain I've purchased has been an expense, totally probably $ 12,000. Not that I regret it, since many of them I still use and wouldn't want to sell, but my portfolio is tiny now, and was way too big back when I used to just acquire them impusively, when I liked the sound of the phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom