Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Cease & Desist

Status
Not open for further replies.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Drewbert, have a nice day. You are totally off-topic and I don't appreciate your continuous assault on my thesis.

Domain Summit 2024

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Drewbert is a big boy (who is known for making smart-ass remarks himself) - so I don't think he needs anybody to feel sorry for him. Give us a break ObtainADomain. Please.

Peter T Davis - You have NINE links in your signature. That is EIGHT more than you are allowed. Please remove the other links immediately. Anybody else who reads this - if you have more than one link - please remedy the situation.

Thank you in advance for you cooperation. :)

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is totally fvcked up and I use the term sparingly.

I ask a simple question, I get assaulted because someone feels I don't DESERVE to defend my rights.

I ask for the thread to be closed because it has clearly veered off-topic (plus my question was answered) and I get assaulted again by the same people; only this time I am not fit for a judge or a sensor.

For the last goddamn time, close this thread.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
Drewbert is a big boy (who is known for making smart-ass remarks himself) - so I don't think he needs anybody to feel sorry for him. Give us a break ObtainADomain. Please.

I’m surprised by your response Namepopper and if you weren’t a moderator, I think other members would express their surprise as well. The issue has nothing to do with whether Drewbert has it coming to him.

The issue is if you should discourage personal attacks against race, creed, religion, etc. on this forum (even if it's against Drewbert whom you seem to think deserves it) .

I would grant you that all personal attacks can't be dealt with unless the moderators worked night and day. But we are talking about arguably the most serious personal attacks, racial slurs. I will not name names but people have brought lawsuits against others on these forums for far less personal attacks.

P.S.: (written the next day): This post is still up so I must commend Namepopper for not censoring me even though he so easily could. This shows me he is fair and respectable since any lesser man would have deleted a post that is critical of him.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh please. I left my comment intact, simply because I wanted to show that I was attacked first.

That said, your comments serve no purpose here, other than generate and stir friction.

So now you are attacking Namepopper because he commented on the thread?

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
I ask a simple question, I get assaulted because someone feels I don't DESERVE to defend my rights.

You weren't assaulted (well, except for the threads that got edited out, I can't speak to those since I never saw the original content). You've been the one attacking people. Most people have been very polite in explaining to you that you have no case, even while you heaped abuse on them.

And, by the way, I am in favor of you defending your trademark rights. Sending a C&D letter to someone making cards telling people to reset their clocks isn't defending your rights, however: it's trying to step all over someone else's.

I ask for the thread to be closed because it has clearly veered off-topic (plus my question was answered)

You also asked if your case held water. People are answering that. The fact that you don't like the answers doesn't mean they are off topic.

The thread is educational to others who may be in a similar situation, especially people who might be in a similar situation to the website owners you want to try to force out of Google because they rank higher on a search term than you do.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Being told that I am a Corporate Fat Bastard in Drewbert's words WHEN I GROW UP is not a personal assault?

And by the way, Drewbert's overall attitude shows in his profile: "Bitchslapping domain owners that think their sucky names are worth money"

GET A LIFE LOSER.

OK, I think you guys need to lighten up because your're double standarded.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Being told that I am a Corporate Fat Bastard

I guess you need to have watched the british comedy series "The Young Ones" and Rick's run in with "Bastard Corporation" to have read that sentence without your sensitive little mind getting offended.

>GET A LIFE LOSER.

This is coming from the guy trying to over-extend his TM rights? Fwarrp!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
>Being told that I am a Corporate Fat Bastard

I guess you need to have watched the british comedy series "The Young Ones" and Rick's run in with "Bastard Corporation" to have read that sentence without your sensitive little mind getting offended.

>GET A LIFE LOSER.

This is coming from the guy trying to over-extend his TM rights? Fwarrp!

Funny that you mentioned, I did watch the Young Ones in the late 80's, in fact that and Black Adder were my favorite shows. Thanks for the laugh :D

As for me trying to "over extend" my TM rights, if you were an attorney I would take your word for it, but after I did my research and having contacted a lawyer through the local bar I have no worries.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
At 6ft 2" and 177lbs I am not fat; my last corporate interaction was 2 years ago and just to be on the safe side I called my mom to make sure I am not a bastard.

As for "growing up", I do all the time.

edisaacson

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You did research and actually found a lawyer who said that they were in violation. I would love to hear how he plans on handling this, because the rest of us in the business canhave a field day trampling on others.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've no intentions to discuss this further; I suggest that you refrain from sidetracking the purpose of my original request.

Thanks.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ObtainADomain

I’m surprised by your response Namepopper

I'm surprised by your response ObtainADomain - so I guess we should both have a surprise party.

Just because I am moderator - doesn't mean that I am not human. I am also a member too. I have rights - just like everybody else - even though I am constantly held to a higher standard.

If me making the simple statement ..."Give us a break"... is going to cause the long winded - inaccurate - and complete nonsense response that you just gave - then you are just being silly.

Have a nice day! :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.....if you weren’t a moderator, I think other members would express their surprise as well.

No they wouldn't - because most people already know that we do not edit posts just because somebody says something that is mildly controversial. This was established a long time ago.

And remember - that's what started this whole thing. NOT something I said. Something that another member said. You are complaining because we did not delete HIS comment - so don't try to turn this around on me.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
long winded - inaccurate - and complete nonsense response that you just gave - then you are just being silly.

I have nothing against you Nick and I will not insult you in return. I was happy for the opportunity to say that racial slurs are bad for this forum and I'm thankful to you for letting me say it.

I did not and would not ask for his post to be deleted as I'm against censorship. I did make this suggestion:

Do I think 2003 should be punished or kicked off the board? No, a warning from a moderator would suffice.

So, for example, after the offending post, a follow up warning:
Member,
Please do not use racial slurs as these are against our rules.
Thank you - Moderator

Instead of an insult, let me give you a compliment. I added this to the bottem of my post above a few minutes before your last post and I still think it's true:

P.S.: (written the next day): This post is still up so I must commend Namepopper for not censoring me even though he so easily could. This shows me he is fair and respectable since any lesser man would have deleted a post that is critical of him.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well ObtainADomain - I see you just updated your post with a nice comment about me. This... right after I was putting on my flame retardant suit and preparing for battle.

Damn. I guess I will have to be nice to you now...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom