Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Certified Offer Service of Networksolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have received a four figure offer from "Certified Offer Service" of Networksolutions.

Any one having experience with them please post here or pm me.

Thanks in advance,
URLtrader

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used them a couple of times by sending in offers, never received a reply.

You have received a offer here....Good luck:)

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have just sold a name through this service. The initial offer was $500 for Daveu.com. I counter-offered $1100 which was accepted. Before transfer I phoned Network Solutions to verify that this was a legitamate offer. They said they have received the payment and were awaiting transfer. I have since allowed transfer and am awaiting payment.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a name for US$400 this way. I should probably have tried for a bit more, but I was happy (at the time) with the price.

The money was paid to me well within the time frame they gave for payment.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NS is horrible, I would be cautious. They have scammed me bad. Just my experience but it was very bad. They have taken me for thousands. I will not use them gain even if they are the only regisitrar left.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
NS is horrible, I would be cautious. They have scammed me bad. Just my experience but it was very bad. They have taken me for thousands. I will not use them gain even if they are the only regisitrar left.
I'd appreciate hearing specifics on how they "scammed" you. Your comments work best when not quite so ambiguous. I don't think NetSol goes out of its way to SCAM people, problems with them have usually been serious issues related to a cutomer being caught in the cogs of their corporate and administerial beauracracy (similar to problems with PayPal).

From various reports, it sounds like the certified offer service has gone surprisingly well. I have heard probably one negative story where a potential sale was unexpectantly cancelled due to some adminsterial problem on NetSol's end. Other than that, the service seems to be all it claims to be, although I've had no personal experience with it.

~ Nexus

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have specifics; their website states somethings that simply are not true. I have screenshots to prove this. I'm going to be entering into a legal issue with them so I cannot comment until this is over but I promise you they have made false promises, do your research and you will find it from more than one party. I cannot comment on my situation more at the moment but if I were you I would be more inclined to believe if hear something more than once from more than one party there has to be some truth to it. I hope you have a wonderful experience with them and you may have nothing to lose. I personally have many domains tied up with them at the moment and I would never use them again. Best wishes.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 if they are holding your domains hostage try my method. Fill out their forms and have them notorized. Fax those forms, call, email, and send transfer requests every 15 minutes for as long as it takes. They will get so tired of seeing and hearing your name they'll be glad to approve your transfer. Also might want to use some words you might hear in your local bar aswell. It worked for me.
:approve:

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
I have specifics; their website states somethings that simply are not true. I have screenshots to prove this. I'm going to be entering into a legal issue with them so I cannot comment until this is over but I promise you they have made false promises, do your research and you will find it from more than one party. I cannot comment on my situation more at the moment but if I were you I would be more inclined to believe if hear something more than once from more than one party there has to be some truth to it. I hope you have a wonderful experience with them and you may have nothing to lose. I personally have many domains tied up with them at the moment and I would never use them again. Best wishes.
Best of luck with your problem. I still have nothing to work with as to whether its a serious abuse, a miscommunication, or a potential threat. I do lots of research, but you have to realize there are many people on the net who unintentionally misconstrue things and blow them out of proportion all the time. Currently, I have no problems with many of the possible misrepresentations NetSol has on their website regarding "price". Many companies do that. I just don't BUY from them hoping to get a decently priced registration.

I know of many problems with Network Solutions in the past, and many technical issues with them that have caused problems from me and my clients. The REASON why I like hearing specifics, is that I believe it is easy to misinterpret certain issues and become more outraged than is necessary. For instance, one client of mine purchased his domain name through a Network Solutions wholesaler, and after transferring his hosting services to my company, he was shocked to have his domain name deactivated when it expired. We quickly scrambled to get his domain name through Network Solution's interface, but we had to perform what is called an "internal transfer", from one account type to another, before we were able to do anything. I expressed my frustration to them over the phone, an after a few phone calls, the domain name issue was resolved in a day. Were I attempting to transfer the name, and Network Solution' INTERNAL data showed it under the account of the wholesaler still, I'm sure we'd have no end of trouble. Another friend of mine lost a domain name because he purchased it FROM someone else, and never acquired proper account information. To this day he blames NetSol when every version of his story I've heard places the blame squarely on his own naivete (with regards to the domain name system).

This is what I mean about the "beauracracy", but in *these* cases, it doesn't make them "SCAMMERS"... just difficult to do business with sometimes. It makes it all the more important for people to articulate and discuss the problems they run into, without simply getting angry and issuing non-specific remarks condemning them. Who knows a legitimate gripe from a misinterpreted one? I would rather someone not say anything negative if they can't explain it.

I've come to see many people on the net "fly off the handle" without good reason. So, I'll have to keep to that line unless I hear something real. I've heard many legitimately screwy PayPal cases, and yet I still do good business through them. I don't think they're scammers, but people need to be as aware and INFORMED as possible not to get ground in their administerial cogs and goof-ups.

If someone receives a certified offer, everything I've heard thus far says, "Take it seriously. Be aware of any past problems with the process. Move forward." I don't think "NetSol... BAD" serves anyone at this point.

~ Nexus

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an offer a month or so ago, nice offer of XXX for a .US site.

I accpeted, NS said they had the buyers funds...however after 2+ weeks they informed me that they were unable to reach the buyer to fill out the transfer forms and the agreement was cancelled...

In a perfect world... if they have the money, I enter into the agreement, the site should be transferred to NS, money to me and the buyer should be resposible for providing them with their info...

I assume buyer got cold feet, since I don't know the buyers identity a NS policy, not sure how I will respond to future offers...I don't like wasting the time and looking forward to money that will never arrive.

Good luck, the end results appear to be sporadic...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a name and was paid 6 weeks later all was very smooth. It just took a while.

If you are in no rush all will be fine.

-=DCG=-

FYI - The domain sold was for $ 6,000 US and I had zero issues.

One tip, make sure your whois info is where you want the check to go to or you will be delayed even longer.

-=DCG=-

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your inputs.

URLtrader

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
One tip, make sure your whois info is where you want the check to go to or you will be delayed even longer.-=DCG=-

Yup i sure would have missed that...Thanks adam.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nexus said:
Best of luck with your problem. I still have nothing to work with as to whether its a serious abuse, a miscommunication, or a potential threat. I do lots of research, but you have to realize there are many people on the net who unintentionally misconstrue things and blow them out of proportion all the time. Currently, I have no problems with many of the possible misrepresentations NetSol has on their website regarding "price". Many companies do that. I just don't BUY from them hoping to get a decently priced registration.

I know of many problems with Network Solutions in the past, and many technical issues with them that have caused problems from me and my clients. The REASON why I like hearing specifics, is that I believe it is easy to misinterpret certain issues and become more outraged than is necessary. For instance, one client of mine purchased his domain name through a Network Solutions wholesaler, and after transferring his hosting services to my company, he was shocked to have his domain name deactivated when it expired. We quickly scrambled to get his domain name through Network Solution's interface, but we had to perform what is called an "internal transfer", from one account type to another, before we were able to do anything. I expressed my frustration to them over the phone, an after a few phone calls, the domain name issue was resolved in a day. Were I attempting to transfer the name, and Network Solution' INTERNAL data showed it under the account of the wholesaler still, I'm sure we'd have no end of trouble. Another friend of mine lost a domain name because he purchased it FROM someone else, and never acquired proper account information. To this day he blames NetSol when every version of his story I've heard places the blame squarely on his own naivete (with regards to the domain name system).

This is what I mean about the "beauracracy", but in *these* cases, it doesn't make them "SCAMMERS"... just difficult to do business with sometimes. It makes it all the more important for people to articulate and discuss the problems they run into, without simply getting angry and issuing non-specific remarks condemning them. Who knows a legitimate gripe from a misinterpreted one? I would rather someone not say anything negative if they can't explain it.

I've come to see many people on the net "fly off the handle" without good reason. So, I'll have to keep to that line unless I hear something real. I've heard many legitimately screwy PayPal cases, and yet I still do good business through them. I don't think they're scammers, but people need to be as aware and INFORMED as possible not to get ground in their administerial cogs and goof-ups.

If someone receives a certified offer, everything I've heard thus far says, "Take it seriously. Be aware of any past problems with the process. Move forward." I don't think "NetSol... BAD" serves anyone at this point.

~ Nexus

Now there's a level-headed way of looking at things. :eek:k:

DotComGod said:
One tip, make sure your whois info is where you want the check to go to or you will be delayed even longer.

This will also ensure the transfer goes thru. They'll still apply standard transfer
methods, so you'll definitely want to get it right first time around.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Certified offer service has two big problems.
They will not send a wire transfer and you can't counter offer with a price more than $10k.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
Certified offer service has two big problems.
They will not send a wire transfer and you can't counter offer with a price more than $10k.

The wire transfer part, they're being "frugal". :-D

The $10k is so far their limit. They'll probably raise it after some time, depends
on what their market results are.

What I don't like, though, is the $19 non-refundable fee if the bid succeeds or
not. Oh well...

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frugal? I am going to have to wait for about 45 days to get my money.

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting the check for the transaction less than 3 weeks after buyer accep[ted the counter offer. I don't generally like Netsol but I must say the transaction was flawless.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i receive crappy offers through that service all the time.. i sold one domain back when it first came out for a few K because i was going to let the domain expire anyway :)

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
i receive crappy offers through that service all the time.. i sold one domain back when it first came out for a few K because i was going to let the domain expire anyway :)
You receive "crappy" offers all the time? I think you may want to re-consider what you feel to be a crappy offer. If the only reason you sold a $9 domain name for a few thousand dollars was because you were going to let it expire anyways, you may want to re-evaluate what the real value of a domain name is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener