Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Certified Offer Service of Networksolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well what i mean is i receive lowball offers all the time, i guess crappy was the wrong word to use.

The domain i was going to let expire got one and only offer on it, it got no traffic and hence was of no value to me because it wasnt brandable. The domain was picked up at the time because of its search engine suitability but i no longer wanted it for that hence the reason i was going to let it drop.

Domain summit 2024

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the middle of an NSI certified offer sale right now. Original offer was $250, and they did not bicker with my counter-offer of $795. Ironically, domain was for sale on my sale (http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=90238) for $50 BIN until I removed it when the offer came in. Not trying to plug my sale per se but it's a classic example of retail vs. wholesale pricing. Just remember, if you get an NSI certified offer, it's a retail sale, and to price accordingly.

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've received a $100 offer through NS (for cadaster.com), that was 8 months ago I think.

I coutered at mid/high $XXX if I remember well and had no response, 100 bucks was really not enough imo, so I don't regret.

That's my only experience with them :)

Grégoire.

tricolorro

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just recently sold a domain thru Network Solutions (NS) Certified Offer Service.

It's my only experience and I am not a happy camper.

The domain was transferred on or before May 22. I am still awaiting payment.

What I don't like are the games they seem to play to delay sending you your check.

My paperwork to transfer the domain was faxed in on the afternoon of Friday, May 13.

Nothing was apparently done that day and because they don't work weekends the transfer wasn't initiated until late Monday afternoon (May 16).

The domain took 7 days to officially transfer and was completed on Sunday, May 22.

Now here's where the games began:

On Monday, May 23, I received an email from NS stating that they wanted to verify my address before mailing out the check.

I didn't think anything was up at that point and emailed my address info.

Then 5 days later, I receive an email acknowledging my address verification
and stating the check will take 3 weeks to arrive.

NS Terms state that a check will only be mailed to the address listed on the Who-Is. NS had that info. Plus it was included on the original paperwork.

Additionally, if they really had to verify my address, why wasn't it done during the period the domain was being transferred?

Why did it take 5 days to acknowledge my address verification email?

As far as I am concerned this was done purely to delay making payment.

Why? Playing the float? I don't know.

On June 9, I emailed an inquiry about the status of my check.

On June 10, late afternoon, I received a reply that my check was mailed
back on June 2nd and should be arriving shortly.

Excuse me but unless it was mailed from Mongolia, it should have long ago reached me. June 6 or 7th the latest.

Today is June 13, my mail delivery arrived but no check.

This is 11 days after the day they claimed to have mailed my check.

Do you believe them? I do not.

The money received for the domain sold does NOT belong to Network Solutions. It belongs to the Seller. They have no right to withhold making payment.

If I ever receive another "Certified Offer" from them, I will make it contingent on "My Terms" that the check must be received within 7 business days after the domain is transferred.

Just for the record, it wasn't so much the time period to get paid that annoyed me but the games played with the address check, etc.

Happy domaining,
Patrick

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like this "Certified Offer Service" so I always reply with a high offer.
They have no option for wire transfer.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
...you can't counter offer with a price more than $10k.

As far as problems go, that's a problem I would not mind having...

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In my experience NetSol's certified offer service puts a value on domains that is anywhere from one half to one tenth of what the end user price should be. I know this, but unfortunately not all end users know this, and the end user is who I'm trying to attract to my domains. It's the only tool a number of end users go to when trying to arrive at a domain's value. Some potential buyers use it because they don't know better, and some use it because they do know better and can have an advantage by using it as a reference.

I've never done a transaction through them so I can't comment on that aspect of their operation, but I have had a number of offers arrived at through customers using their certified offer service valuations.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of selling a domain through the Certified Offer Service.

They send you documents to fill and fax, but the instructions for filling them in aren't all that clear.

One of the documents ask you to sign as the person "requesting the transfer", whereas this is not the normal role that a seller would have. The transfer request is normally issued by the purchaser and the winning registrar normally sends me a request to authorise the transfer.

I spoke to a helpful, and rather unknowledgable customer support person, and they eventually told me that I didn't need to fill in that particular page. I'm still not too sure if he gave me the "right answer".

I actually asked the purchaser to pay by a different method, but as I got no reply after several days, I decided I would rather "take the money and run" instead of hoping for another purchaser to come along.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually bought a domain using the service instead than buying it and the transaction as a buyer went real smooth.
Muc faster than escrow.com fees were not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators