• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed CharcoalBarbecue.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesko

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
I hope this is not in the wrong area - but I feel it is related....

How do you evaluate a generic name like charcolbarbecue.com? I am in the industry and own other domains that would work well with it and there were 1800 searches on overture last month.

I don't own the domain but just lost the name in a hotly contested pool.com auction. My last bid was 675 and it went for 1101. Did I make a mistake?

I really want to know how to best evaluate these type of names.. any help would be appreciated.

Steve
 
stevesko said:
I don't own the domain but just lost the name in a hotly contested pool.com auction. My last bid was 675 and it went for 1101. Did I make a mistake?

No, not really. 1k seems like an inflated price for that name. I wouldn't pay over $200 for it myself.
 
I appreciate the reply... what I really want to know is how to evaluate it. Is there someplace that has an estimate for type in traffic?
 
stevesko said:
I appreciate the reply... what I really want to know is how to evaluate it. Is there someplace that has an estimate for type in traffic?


it probably gets miniscule traffic here is the overture and the searches on this term are low even without extension
you can use this tool as a guide to traffic, keep in mind it can be manipulated read some of the posts on overture to get a better understanding, generally if a name with ext has an overture score it generally means the name gets traffic except in hyphen cases and when people manipulate stats to sell a domain

http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

Searches done in September 2005
Count Search Term
1265 charcoal barbecue grill
734 charcoal barbecue
63 gas charcoal barbecue grill
49 stainless steel charcoal barbecue grill
49 charcoal barbecue pit
45 charcoal barbecue smoker
41 weber barbecue charcoal
40 built in charcoal barbecue
30 charcoal barbecue grill smoker
26 barbecue charcoal pit smoker
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom