Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

CJ.com is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, in August I posted that I had not had good luck with CJ. Well, in October I had 3 sales and posted around $45 in commissions. So, if I get paid for those, then I will have to say that I am encouraged by CF and will try to send more traffic there. I still have not calculated an equivalent cpm, so that I could compare the CJ results to my DomainSponsor results for the same name.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AS Izoot was saying, You can't blame CJ for poor performing merchants, merchants that change links or have high chargeback percentages. Best advice is to experiment with merchants AND to talk to their AD (affiliate directors) prior to sending them traffic. They may know a better method . If they don't have a clue what you are doing or how you send them traffic move on or take it to ppc. The thing is that CJ isn't alone. There are crap merchants at linkshare, befree and also private owned (direct) programs that suck at converting sales.

I've used WAY TOO MANY sponsors that perform crappy while the same traffic does great at a ppc. One domain I have that generated $4 per 100 uniques at ppc I sent to a gift site that couldnt turn 300 of those uniques into even one sale. What's that all about. . . so I tried another similar merchant. SAME DEAL... So you move it back to where it works. Both merchants were "inhouse" programs using Myaffiliateprogram and both can't convert a HIGHLY TARGETTED user 1:300 ... they obviously need to work on that.

I've also seen the inverse. One domain I have was making $700/yr at PPC and now on a good day can pull in $300-400.

You just have to be careful with whom you decide to send your valuable traffic to and EXPERIMENT

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like experimenting...but I guess thats not appropriate in this thread...hehe

cj bites

Chris

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 year old thread ... closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators