Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Cloud Domains

mrcurly

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice, I have sold a few Cloud domains in the past and I was thinking about buying another Cloud domain but I have my concerns. Ive noticed recently a .cloud extension will be coming soon, will companies opt for this option in the future and will this bring down the value of the .com's ?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Stu

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed recently a .cloud extension will be coming soon, will companies opt for this option in the future and will this bring down the value of the .com's ?
Yes, all companies will use .cloud and ditch their .com.
It just makes more sense.

Also, you can choose between the .apache .iis .tomcat extensions depending on which platform your websites are running on.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Companies wont change their domain to .CLOUD just because this new extension comes out. Only some new start-ups might use it because because they think it will describe their business a bit better.

Companies spend a fortune branding and marketing their business on a certain domain so they wont suddenly change and start again

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just after a bit of advice, I have sold a few Cloud domains in the past and I was thinking about buying another Cloud domain but I have my concerns. Ive noticed recently a .cloud extension will be coming soon, will companies opt for this option in the future and will this bring down the value of the .com's ?
I'd be more concerned if you were an investor in .cloud. Amazon got a dose of cloud reality this past weekend.

Harry1

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A couple of recent sales:

CloudRating.com $3,750

and also:

StreamCloud.com $6,500

and also:

CloudSlide.com $1,970

Sole Designer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your right! They wont change their domain but im sure they will try to buy the best .Cloud that matches their services.

Companies wont change their domain to .CLOUD just because this new extension comes out. Only some new start-ups might use it because because they think it will describe their business a bit better.

Companies spend a fortune branding and marketing their business on a certain domain so they wont suddenly change and start again

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your right! They wont change their domain but im sure they will try to buy the best .Cloud that matches their services.

If they arent going to change to a different name, why would they want .CLOUD names at all...it just wont happen and I bet most companies wont even know this extension is being released

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got many offers for my domain CloudServerTrial.com upto $2k, but I did not sell it. It is worth more than that and I know it, coz I have a good knowledge about cloud servers, and CLOUD is the next big thing on internet. Its better to keep the domains for some more months rather than sell it cheaply.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got many offers for my domain CloudServerTrial.com upto $2k, but I did not sell it. It is worth more than that and I know it, coz I have a good knowledge about cloud Servers, and CLOUD is the next big thing on internet. Its better to keep the domains for some more months rather than sell it cheaply.

I would have sold this in a flash for $2K, I don't think the name is that good to be honest, but that's just my opinion

If you get another offer on it, take the cash straight away

mave1986

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have sold this in a flash for $2K, I don't think the name is that good to be honest, but that's just my opinion

Thanks for the opinion! Sorry to say that your opinion is not based on actual knowledge of cloud technology.

When it sells for a higher rate than $2k, You will be the first person to know about it, and it will be very soon!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Agree.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got many offers for my domain CloudServerTrial.com upto $2k, but I did not sell it. It is worth more than that and I know it,

I once had a good offer for one of my own domains and I said the exact same thing to myself, Then the offers stopped coming and the domain depreciated over 15K in value.

When it's HOT, you CASH in. Simple

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion! Sorry to say that your opinion is not based on actual knowledge of cloud technology.

When it sells for a higher rate than $2k, You will be the first person to know about it, and it will be very soon!

I work in Cloud Technology and have sold a few cloud names lately, including CloudCo.com for $8,000 so maybe check before making comments like this lol

I will wait to hear from you about the sale

and why did you think the offers are not coming in all the time now??

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CloudStreams.com
and
CloudStreaming.com

I have not updated either site in a while.

But
both names still make money
and
both names still get offers.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
CloudStreams.com
and
CloudStreaming.com

I have not updated either site in a while.

But
both names still make money
and
both names still get offers.

Very nice names, you will do very well with them

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators