• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Club Drop run last couple of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacX

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2003
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
I normally get 5-10 domains per day via Club Drop but nothing today or yesterday? Anyone get anything with them?

cheers.
 
it's been dry PLUS every name they do get goes to auction lately
and the auctions have been screwed up too.
one i had top bid on turned out to NOT end and someone jacked my bid a day later. ! bs
 
Club drop has got nothing the last 3 or 4 days, don't have any idea what's going on.
 
Ditto. I don't even get an auction link now. (it's all dried up)

Club drop was working pretty well for us for the past 3 weeks
 
I went for 80 names yesterday and didn't get a single one, so I assume Club Drop didn't run. Very disappointing as I am only going for names once or twice a week at the moment. :-(
 
About 70 in my list today, they got 1 and going to auction...
 
Yes they got a couple of hot ones in my list from a day ago that were the featured pool names of the day.

I think it is still worth bidding $500 or so on a good name before the 6PM stop as they will devote more resources to it.
 
Got a few last week, but none this week at all. It would be nice if they could also grab info and org as well.
 
They are full of bugs.
I entered a few names. They never tried to charge me. Someone else has them now.
I found out using the drop club report a few days later. :(
 
I also had 3 names put into public auction one day without being given the normal 48 hours to pay for them. I wrote off urgently to try and get them "returned" before they got given to someone else, but despite two reminders and almost 10 days, I haven't been given any conclusive answer, and I assume someone else will be enjoying the names by now. :-(
 
I am still waiting for a reply from their support... :(
 
I got a reply, eventually, but the reply said that my enquiry had been passed to the developers.

I can't really understand why that was, unless is due to the need to somehow extract the domain from the public auction which can't be done manually.
 
Hmm... I wonder what they did... some really good names I put in lowball bids for are in private auction. This is a BIG change from my perspective -- I considered enom to be a 3rd-tier catcher, only good for picking up the runts of the litter, when low-and-behold they beat pool, nw, snap, et al for some good names. It also shows that you don't have to have (or be tied for) the top bid to get into the auction anymore.
 
Nameable said:
Hmm... I wonder what they did... some really good names I put in lowball bids for are in private auction. This is a BIG change from my perspective -- I considered enom to be a 3rd-tier catcher, only good for picking up the runts of the litter, when low-and-behold they beat pool, nw, snap, et al for some good names. It also shows that you don't have to have (or be tied for) the top bid to get into the auction anymore.
care to share any examples? I've had suspicions they were improving.
 
Enom caught Clique.com... Its currently in a private auction, price was $4200 last time I looked.

-- Rob
 
examples:
gfriends.com
lpfan.com
clique.com

Interstingly, gfriends.com went from a private auction expiring a few days ago to a public auction expiring the 12th. I wonder if they're fooling with their auction formats.
 
clique.com went from private to public also. _theoretically_ the only reason that happnes is that the winning bidder in the private auction fails to pay, so they roll it into a public auction, at least thats what their rules say:

Enom says: "A public auction is a second chance bidding system to get names that were previously won by another reseller who failed to remit payment for the name. Public auctions are open to all resellers except the previous winners in the private auctions that failed to remit payment."

But its possible that enom just figured they could make alot more money by rolling their private auctions into public auctions, especially since no one has been counting on enom to get any good names in the first place. So when they _do_ win good names, few (or none) of the serious investors who have the cash to pay big $$$ are in on the private auction.

Just my own consipiracy theory :-)
-- Rob
 
I can't get them to charge me with more than 10 domains I won with them without an auction! I am begging them to charge me but their support says that the domains are not registered with Enom! Enom sucks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom