• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale .cn renewals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2003
Messages
3,609
Reaction score
1
When you have to renew them by? Like, do they have a redemption period or anything where it will cost more to keep them? Like how long after they expire do you have to renew them?

Thanks!
 
After the expiry date, there is a holding period of about 15 days where you can still renew them at reg price although the status shows pending delete.

There is a big drop recently of cn names due to non renewal.
 
Thanks.... seems my .cn's just went off today then... they don't show in my enom account anymore, oh well lol... when will they drop again?
 
Have they dropped already then? 15 days past expiration means they dropped? As I am seeing a different name in the whois on one of my names I just checked, haven't checked the others.
 
Yes, exactly 15 days on Apr 2 for Mar 17 expired names. Many of us were on standby throughout the night and early morning hours......
 
early morning hours...... 5:05 (GST+8) today
 
Fair enuf.. :D Was hesitant to spend the renewals anyway... but thought I'd renew a couple, fav one is gone now tho lol
 
Yeah, I get hesitant with the .cn names as well, given the higher prices, and the value of asian traffic to most ppc programs. If anyone is interested I can give them an account that lets them buy .cn names at $21 a year.
 
You really made me nervous - wondering if I renewed my .cn's.

Fortunately, I see that I renewed 15 of them. And, I don't think any
slipped thru.

I just don't see an aftermarket for the names.

As anyone ever sold one for a "profit"?
 
I sold one for 4k.

I think a few of my domains dropped on the 5th day after expiry with no apparent reason instaed of the 15th day. I may be suing neulevel and dotster. :)
 
I think the ones that drop on the 15th day are those from the Chinese mainland registries. Those outside registries seem to drop earlier as dvdrip as said.

I can say that the interest in the resellers are growing this time. Due to the limitation of broadbrand and internet acessess, some keen resellers book the whole internet bar and invite friends to help to reg manually.

It seem the the winners are those who use domain dropping software and those who work in telecom companies (maybe better infrastructure)

The keenest competition was on 2 digit alphabets and numbers, example :

aa.cn
pp.cn
11.cn
33.cn

For me, I was dozing off when it dropped around late 3 am morning on Apr 2
%+| , better luck next year
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom