Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co domains valuable in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.co domains will be launched in late july and what do you think will they value like .coms in future?

Domain Summit 2024

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There value will never be like that of the .com. But I think it's going to be a strong extension with reasonable, lasting, and consistent sales perhaps in the range of .EU or .ca domains. There are certain keywords that suits the extension like a gem so (like with all new extension) we'll see those command impressive prices. I think some companies or persons who own domains such as "GamesCo.com " or WidgetCo.com May consider venturing into a shorter domain like Game.co or Widget.co/ Something like Acme.Co looks better and less redundant then AcmeCo.com. Just my two cents

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was looking at this today too.... It looks like a good extention, but there always seems to be a hype of the what's new, and I'm not sure if I see much here with .co.... It's for Columbia, I think it's great for anything that has a significant presence it that market specifically.... Even .us here in the United States doesn't seem to hold much value or popular use... At least from what I've seen and in my opinion.... .co sure does sound like one of the better new ones, and there may be some type in traffic for generics, but I don't know yet if I will use any of them.... But I did just here about them today, so I will be looking to see what everyone else is saying with them....

therunner

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
first, it is COLOMBIA, no Columbia...i said in other post and I repeat it again; ccTLDs .CO will be the Colombia's extension and we need to see it in that way and not adding typo or other thing...the Colombia's language is Spanish and any good Spanish keyword will fit within it...the Colombian people are very well educated and their partiotic's sentiment will play important role...to the question; will it get a value? maybe out of Colombia no, but in Colombia and for the Colombian, it shall a lot...good luck to " los paisas colombianos"....:eek:k:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.CO is very brandable, like company or corp., thus it will find it place in the domain world. On top you will get type in traffic from Colombia and typo traffic from .COM.

djriel

Build Cool Things
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think it's the most interesting domain extension to come out for a while.

Everyone that missed out on their .com will try to grab the .co ... I think it'll have legs outside of columbia, no problem.

Anyone laying down for some land rush keywords?

skylineleong

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know cheaper than initial register .CO $29.99/yr godaddy?
Then the renew price?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think you will get it much cheaper than $29.99, renewal is the same price.

realtimeregister

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
30 USD is a steep price for a ccTLD that wants to compete with .COM.
On the otherhand alot of typo squatters will think twice with this price :)

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there are plenty of ccTLDs which are more expensive and have less type in traffic. In regards to typo squatters, I believe they know the value and $30 is still a bargain when the domain makes that in a month or so. When it comes to trademarks, .CO has rather strict rules and TM infringement might lad to deletion or transfer of the domains quickly.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are plenty of ccTLDs which are more expensive and have less type in traffic. In regards to typo squatters, I believe they know the value and $30 is still a bargain when the domain makes that in a month or so. When it comes to trademarks, .CO has rather strict rules and TM infringement might lad to deletion or transfer of the domains quickly.

Will squatters have to pay $30 or do they get to abuse the domain tasting?

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is no tasting for .CO

slaich2000

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Landrush cost for $299. Even after that auction will be held. F k. No place for poors in domain world.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$299 is not expensive you you get the right domain. Of course the really good once will for sure go to auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom