Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co.in or .in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which one do you think is better? .co.in or .in?

Most of the big sites (Yahoo, Google, etc.) have their addresses on .co.in, not .in, even though .in is twice as more expensive as .co.in

Which one do you think would win out? .in is shorter, but .co.in has more of a history..

Domain Summit 2024

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no doubt, simply on traffic .co.in beats .in by 10-1 at least.

But will definitely be some good .in sales as it has other uses . Indiana, Indonesia etc.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah but I've found more .co.in to be available than .in
thats kinda strange considering that .co.in has so much more traffic

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah but I've found more .co.in to be available than .in
thats kinda strange considering that .co.in has so much more traffic

Huge lack of knowledge of the Indian market by domainers but particularly local businesses that are only slowly coming round to the benefits of the web.

Crazy really but then we are in the biz - my latest site Indian.co.in is already getting 7000 + directs per month, just imagine what will happen when the value of the net is finally realised for Indian business - not too far away I think.

BTW -I also have some good .in :cool:

As I said- buy/hold. :)

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm from India, and the future for Indian domains lies in hindi words, written in the english script. Believe me, we Indians love using them.

how come this got posted twice?

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definitely co.in... around longer and gets more traffic... domainer thinks that because .in is shorter then it's better.... NOPE.... it's been branded a bit more being the primary Indian extension... I never buy .in..... it's a domainer's extension

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For some web devolopment .in is the best.
If own a company then co.in is better.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.co.in or .in: Case-by-case depending on the domain. All-premium-letter (premiums for Anglo-centric languages, at least) LLL.in have been completely registered and have a reseller floor value of at least twice the single year's registration fees -- fairly small margin unless you bought a lot of them recently for reg fee, but fairly low risk.

ricky williams

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its totally depend on the kind of business, if there is any indian comercial organization which think their website can attract revenue for them then they use .co.in, else if there ant corporate indian company which need website just for their presence on web and to share some info they use .in.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most of the users were using .co.in before .in was not introduced. But nowadays I have seen many companies are owning .in domains. That is because .in looks better than .co.in
I would like to give a live example. BSNL is the largest telecom company in India, in fact its owned by Government. Their main website is bsnl.co.in because it is old. Now they have introduced broadband connection service named "dataone". The site for this is dataone.in .So they used .in for their new service. And when you type bsnl.in you will also go to main site of bsnl. So the company is using .co.in and .in both for their main telecom site, whereas they us .in domain for their new service.

What I have seen that .in market is growing now and so .co.in is going to fall in future.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always thought .co.in was for "companies" mainly..that is why google, yahoo..etc use it..I recently registered my first .co.in so we'll see how it goes :)

mspin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great link, thanks. .in is the way to go.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't count on it completely. .co.in still receives a lot better type-in traffic than .in

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i get it better at .in if i compare the same domain

got developments.in with fewtypeins & developments.co.in with zero

rajeevabc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see most websites switching over to .in lately. Right now, co.in may get traffic, but .in is the future. Its short, cute and great to flaunt.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Observed in Q4, 2007 & Till Feb, most of the companies have now started registering both .co.in & .in beside TLD (if they are able to ;-))

About the company, their performance , services etc are going to be in .co.in

And their products & services offer to end users , information on their productfor end-users will be on .in domain

So, we are seeing here, .co.in will be more used for company's profile and .in for commercial usage.

Also, will like to add, .co.in can have higher legal issues in-context to .in

Regards,
Dipen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom