Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co.uk domains deletion cycle once again please !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok,

can someone update me about the .co.uk deletion cycle please ?

I know there is "suspended", "detagged" and now i have seen "Renewal required".

What do those mean, in which order and how many days each ?

I know it has been explained before but would appreciate if someone could do so once again - especially as some Nominet rules seem to have changed (?)

Thanks,

Frank

Domain Summit 2024

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Detagged means there is no tag associated with the domain. The domain may or may not be "expired" It simply means that no Nominet Tag holder is responsible for it and therefore generally it has no nameserves or web site. 90% of the time a detagged one is also overdue for renewal.

Suspended is usually when the dom hasn't been renewed and it likely to be dropped. In thoery it should be in the suspended state for 42 days and then dropped BUT it can be less than this or sometime never.... Suspended can also be if there is a dispute over the domain ownership.

Nominet are trying to sort this total mess out with a positive renewal system. This is why you sometimes see things like "Renewal required" etc.

Hopefully in a few months time they will have got their act together and implimented a proper drop procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators