Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anybody know where to reserve these come next month? I know each registrar has own pricing but so far I havent heard a peep from anybody. I expect a mass exodus

Domain Summit 2024

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You don't reserve them, like any other domain dropping these days ccTLD or otherwise... you backorder them at drop companies or the registrar itself. The registrar's corresponding drop company is the best bet.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't reserve them, like any other domain dropping these days ccTLD or otherwise... you backorder them at drop companies or the registrar itself. The registrar's corresponding drop company is the best bet.

I heard differently. I heard they could be RESERVED prior to the drop from particpating registrars - each with their own pricing

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was talk of an official droplist but it's a rumor so far.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well thedomains.com had an article ( http://www.thedomains.com/2011/07/0...dropping-domain-backorder-reservation-system/ ) about a Waiting List Service where the list of dropped domains would be circulated to registrars. The whole idea was that only one reservation per domain would be accepted. A similar thing was proposed in 2001/2002 for .com and .net but shot down in flames. I've been tracking .co since April 2011 and have already seen a few thousand potentially deleted domains. However the drop process with .co involves a 1-45 day suspension period after expiration and then a 1-20 day Restore Grace Period during which a domain can be restored having been deleted. After 15 days, the domain enters a five day Pending Delete period. The first domains may become available around August 15th.

The official .co registry page about the drop sequence ( http://www.cointernet.co/domain/policies-procedures/renew-co-domains ) said that domains moving into suspension will have their nameservers changed to nameservers controlled by the .co registry and the website will change to a generic on-hold/suspension page so I think that they should show up in the monthly surveys that I run here. (Currently tracking 616227 .co domains.) The suspension transfers should show up and the registry nameservers should have a lot of inbound transfers within a very short period. I haven't considered generating any sort of drop lists though.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well 4204 .co domains have shown up as being suspended/expired in the latest web survey.

Regards...jmcc

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any success RESERVING .co that are expiring?

Any suggestions where is best ?

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In case anybody wants follow-up on dropping .co ----- DomainMonster is the best for this service. They were able to secure dropping .co that I also had backordered with other registrars. Clearly, they are the king of .co

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hand-regged a couple of .co domains on the drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom