Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

common wordTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aloof
Beautiful !

I love a good back pedler

Hats off to you John !:D

Aloof, why are you being so antagonistic? jberryhill gives what seems to be sound advice here on a fairly regular basis. If you don't agree with what he has to say, fine, but don't disrespect the man.

Cheers

Domain Summit 2024

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Aloof, why are you being so antagonistic? "

Actually, by pointing out a change in the answer in response to a change in the facts, Aloof highlights why the kinds of discussions on this board should not be interpreted or relied upon as legal advice.

In the real world, situations are more complex than can be summarized in a few words that someone dashes off when they have a spare moment at their computer. If you have a legal problem, as opposed to a hypothetical question, then there is no substitute for a consultation with a lawyer who can ask questions in order to get a full understanding of all of the important facts, including the facts that *you* probably didn't think were important to assessing your situation.

Absolutely, that makes lawyers seem pedantic, irritating, obsessed with details that "don't matter", and seemingly unable to answer a simple question with anything other than "it depends". Because usually the outcome of a real-life situation depends on a lot more than things like, "I didn't see it in the USPTO database, so that means there is no trademark, right?"

Aloof

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
John, Please read my profile, it was I who registered X as a domain name

Thanks

Aloof

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
BTW John

I'm pleased that you have seen the true intentions behind my posts

No antagonism, or disrespect was of course meant, J Berryhill is evidently a wise old soul indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom