Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Compana Snags Servers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

Someone appears to know how to write good RRP scripts.

EXACTLLY

cluelessdomainer

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
that does not surpise me, i have made offers too and seen a name drop. some people just do not think i guess.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cluelessdomainer
did you write the scripts mikemike?

I know nothing about scripts

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that does not surpise me, i have made offers too and seen a name drop. some people just do not think i guess.

What was this in reply too? May I stress the importance of selective quoting? :)

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made the old owner of Servers.com an unsolicited 4-figure offer a few months ago that was turned down with total disinterest

So why would this person drop the domain and get $0 money out of it? What do these people smoke? I don't understand any of it other than plain stupidity or were they screwed over by network solutions like the mass majority of people?

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy

So why would this person drop the domain and get $0 money out of it? What do these people smoke? I don't understand any of it other than plain stupidity or were they screwed over by network solutions like the mass majority of people?

They are clueless. Nothing else.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to admit that there are a lot of intelligent minds here at the forum. I'm glad this place is around and we are aware of the value in something that other people may often overlook. You know this guy is gonna hear the name on the tv someday say wow I owned that domain once and didn't do jack with it. I think it's funny how everyone has bought into a total dot-bomb mentality over the last few years. We still forge ahead and leave the others in the dust nonetheless!!

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dude, good luck with your snapback on seeds if you have it.

Don't have a snap on it :(

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, i beg to differ David. They were not clueless, they were screwed by NSI. The domain WAS NOT supposed to expire, I had whoised it a couple weeks earlier.

Originally posted by davidthornton

They are clueless. Nothing else.

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigFart

If that is true and the former owner figures it out then he will be able to get it back.

truth is this domain, servers.com was registered through Feb 2003. HOWEVER, some scoundrel 'paid' for the name using a false credit card several months prior. NSI never received due payment for the renewal, and ALAS, the name was dropped as it should be. Remember the olden days when NSI allowed 'reservations' for domains without actually ever paying? The same thing, by proxy is occurring now on many good names. This is just one example. The domain slugs out there will stop at nothing to try to get a good name...This is just one trick they employ...

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken I thought servers.com whois address was coming up as 'NULL' meaning it had incorrect info....Which would mean Verisign deleted it when some savvy person reported it as such...
Anyone know if this is the case or not ? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom