• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Complete waste of traffic domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mocus said:
email the guy that owns Chris.com and offer him $1 mil, he wont take it

Try offering him $2 million then.... lol
 
Nah, it's been like that for more than a few months (stock.com).

There's no way in the world I'd pay $1 million for Chris.com.

A name like Adam.com that can go even further than the scope of the name and represent metaphorical things, would be the type of domain I'd consider footing that kind of money for.

But I do know if you call him (owner of chris.com), or write him a letter and make a real offer of $1 million....he will take it.

I've had many domain owners respond with astronomical figures on domains that were worth only a few thousand dollars. We always ended up meeting much closer to my original offer than their multi-million dollar counter offer.
 
ok....you know we see alot of things eye to eye...just trust me on this one dude..some people dont need the money
 
ohh lets not forget this one....and yes I have tried to buy this one too...this is the one I helped the guy from losing when he forgot it was expiring...I have told the story elsewhere...what a waste - he wont park it either!
Price tag on this one? High $xxx,xxx

http://www.touchdown.com/
 
financialtraffic said:
I've had many domain owners respond with astronomical figures on domains that were worth only a few thousand dollars. We always ended up meeting much closer to my original offer than their multi-million dollar counter offer.

Do those owners believe their names are truly worth that kind of money or is it simply a negotiation tactic to get you to come up? And how do you convince them (diplomatically) that their counter-offers are waaay out of line?
 
Of course, if you're already rich. I just was going by his bio which states, "Computer Networking Consultant, Freelance TV Director."

Unless he:
A. Was born with a trust fund
B. Won the lottery
C. Directed Seinfeld or Friends or Law & Order
D. Is married to an actress

I just don't see a 7 or 8 figure bank account possible. Especially given the area in which he lives, which is very, very costly.

Unless he's already a millionaire I just don't see how anyone, especially someone with a family, would forgoe that amount of money just to keep a silly name on the web. That goes beyond pride and borders on insanity.

barefoot said:
Do those owners believe their names are truly worth that kind of money or is it simply a negotiation tactic to get you to come up? And how do you convince them (diplomatically) that their counter-offers are waaay out of line?


I find it can be a mix of a tactic and just pure frustration.
Which, I can understand as if someone drove past my house and yelled out that they would offer me only 20% of what I thought it was worth or what I paid for it, I would probably counter with some outrageous figure too.

I also find that remaining polite and professional often gets the deal done for me. After a cooling off period, I more often than not hear back from them with a much lower price and one that allows me to move forward with the purchase.

But of course, you'll always have the true die-hards that are holding out for 8 figures....haha.
 
to be honest, and I know most of you will disagree, I like to see from time to time a domain like Chris.com used for a personal site rather than a PPC page...I am sick of parking pages everywhere I go :-)
But I can't understand why an owner of a domain like WebHost.com doesn't park it at least.
 
not parking Webhost.com is just an idiotic move.
 
I think webhost.com could be a $100k per year domain with only a few months of hard work.
 
how about this one , www.medquest.com , doesn't resolve, last time I looked has ovt w/ext 350 or something like that , even weirder is there is the whois info.
 
these have nice looking error pages

got.com 142 with extension in ov

why.com 557 with extension
john.com 346 with extension
 
lazy.com 186
not parked - doesn't resolve
 
Purple.com has over 10,000 sites pointing to it.

He must be getting a good traffic from that alone.
 
dnbidder said:
I mailed them couple weeks back, wanted 2 million
why?????:emba:

lol
 
DotComGod said:
Here is one that I found that I feel is the bigges waste....
Please feel free to post any other weird sites you can find like this one.
Dont get too annoyed... give this a try :)

http://www.Germany.com
(Disclaimers: NOT mine.... :D)

and keep us updated!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom