• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Computer worm to hit soon 4-1-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregcyber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
453
Reaction score
5
D-day :eek:

"Conficker C" promises to be one of the most damaging attacks in years.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/128643/beware-conficker-worm-come-april-1/


On Feb. 12, 2009 Microsoft put up a $250,000 bounty for information leading to the capture of Conficker's creators. The software giant also formed an alliance of security groups, dubbed the Conficker Cabal, to battle the worm.
 
Last edited:
i am glad these hackers are not targeting mac users yet
 
april fools in some form...
 
It's from the bottom of the tequila bottle...
 
Oh noes =]
Time to buy a mac
~Al
 
You could buy one of those overpriced fashion statements... or you could go and download linux for free. You know that MACS is a palindrome of SCAM right?

edit:

Yea, I'll be booting up Ubuntu with a smile on my face on 1st April. Will be interesting to read the news, safe in the knowledge that I am invincible.
 
Anyone monetizing conficker domains ?
 
i am glad these hackers are not targeting mac users yet
Every time such a virus hits internet becomes really busy = slow. Unless you MAC users have some special independent internet
 
Mac and Linux are both easy to hack and to write viruses for its just that it wouldnt do much damage since 90% of the world uses windows so thats why hackers dont waste their time with it. If Mac eventually reaches a certain level of market share you better be ready.
 
I ran a scan on one of my computers earlier today. IT did have a worm virus on it, but sorry I did not get the name. It was not this conficker.

Windows Live may be a good stop for every one to scan your computer now.

For me, I would love to have a Mac. Used them for years in the advertising business.

There are a great many tools out there that I can use for windows OS that I can not use on a Mac. Sometimes it is simply worth staying with what you already own and familiar with.
 
I ran a scan on one of my computers earlier today. IT did have a worm virus on it, but sorry I did not get the name. It was not this conficker.

Windows Live may be a good stop for every one to scan your computer now.

For me, I would love to have a Mac. Used them for years in the advertising business.

There are a great many tools out there that I can use for windows OS that I can not use on a Mac. Sometimes it is simply worth staying with what you already own and familiar with.

I switch to a Mac after years of using linux/windows and have never looked back. Why? It just works.....

I don't have to worry about every day viruses, malware, etc. It saves me $40/yr in anti-virus costs and I expect this machine to last me 3-5 years. My last windows laptop lasted me 1.5 years, during that time the hard drive broke, the motherboard had to be replaced and finally the wireless card died so I gave up. I had an compaq v6030 which I paid $900 for. I paid i believe $1600 for my macbook, the new one and have a three year warranty at least. It works with my camers, iphone, etc.

It does everything I need to do and actually works better than my windows machine. All the new web 2.0 stuff works with it, all my domain stuff and I have a cli if I need it.

I also can use VMware/Virtualbox if I truly need a windows environment (which I haven't yet).

I LOVE linux and exclusively ran SuSe, and then switched to Ubuntu but you know what. Things don't always work, downloading drivers, fixing display issues, no drm stuff.

Anyway just my thoughts, my mac was the best computer investment I have ever made.
 
poor windows users, what can we do to help?
 
Stop beeing arrogant for the starters.
Happy Windows user since 1996 (DOS user since 1993).

Agreed...

A hacker that participated in one of those competitions in Europe. i forget where exactly, pointed out that Macs are 100x's easier to hack than Windows. They simply don't target them because the marketshare is no where near Windows. IMO, Macs are overpriced and are worthless. If you have common sense and know how to use a computer, Windows works.

I hate how Mac users think they're invincible, when it reality, they're the exact opposite.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom