Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

"Congrats" is not allowed in a 'SOLD' sales thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I left a comment 'Congrats! :)' in a sales thread which OP has just posted the domain is SOLD.

My comment got deleted in 2 minute. (system_generated)
This did let me down. :disappointed:

I have seen comments like 'Congrats!' in many sales threads when there is a deal. Forum members are willing to show their greetings to buyers and sellers.

Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought is was ok to but if they have changed the rules i think its pointlis im sure most domainers think its ok greeting to buyers and sellers.

Domain Summit 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL.. its crazy sometimes, which way was the wind blowing?

:pound:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I left a comment 'Congrats! :)' in a sales thread which OP has just posted the domain is SOLD.

My comment got deleted in 2 minute. (system_generated)
This did let me down. :disappointed:

I have seen comments like 'Congrats!' in many sales threads when there is a deal. Forum members are willing to show their greetings to buyers and sellers.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi

wanting to express congratulations to a seller or buyer for nice deal is cool, however, when you post this in a sales thread then it becomes a problem.

why?

your comment will lead to other comments and soon there will be a trail of congrats, then others will join in and say you sold too low or I wouldn't have paid that much.

now, while all this conversation is going on in this sales thread, what about all the other sales threads posted by other members who want their thread to be at the top of the que/cue?

is it fair to them that this one thread keeps getting bumped back to the top of the que/cue, when the domain has been sold and you, the other member are still trying to sell yours?

that's pretty much why comments that are not related to the purchasing of the domain, validity of ownership, etc are not allowed.

members get carried away with conversations and don't consider others who are also trying to make a sale too.

imo...

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Owntag this thread is great.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree with Don and now I understand why he closed a few of those threads back in the day :D

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Don and now I understand why he closed a few of those threads back in the day :D

lol

now, you understand?

:)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, because you expanded on the subject, explaining the process & its problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom