• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Considering investing in original art – good idea or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leading Names

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1
Do any members here have experience in this investment field?

Any advice, tips or other comments would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks
- Rob
 
I suggest starting out in Lithographs. You can find some good deals on ebay. I bought a number of Kinkade Authentic Litho's Signed, Numbered and framed for less than it would have cost to have them stretched and framed locally a few years back. I guess I got lucky and bought when a large distributer went out of business or something because very rarely do you see them for sale on there now.

I'm sure there's good money in originals but I look at it abit like domains. I can buy a number of Litho's at wholesale or pay a premium price for an original. And along the same lines there's more people who would be willing to pay $xxx-$x,xxx for a litho over $xx,xxx-$xxx,xxx for an original.

Either way be careful in your buying. There's just as many scammers in that market as there are in any.
 
Hi Rob

I have a lot of experience in this field and invest in animation art. Tips would be buying key scenes, and good quality images, the prices will only rise due to everything turning computerised.
 
i have some home made finger paintings available (mostly stick figures) and i'll be willing to part with them for something in the $100k range.







;) sorry... couldn't resist. best of luck with your new idea.
 
Here is an original for you.

She may be a little hard to deal with being shes an artist an all.
 
what ever strikes your fancy...just make sure you've got great security to keep your art investments safe!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom