• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Contest with 13,000 F$!

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Two prizes: 10,000 F$ and 3,000 F$

I am starting web site development business and I am using
domain name, Ardoris.com
ATM, I am going to use Ardoris just because I like how it sounds and brandable.

Here are brief meaning of Ardoris.

From google, it seems like it's something to do with fire or heat.
It also shows up in some language's bible.
Ancient city or country name?
Possibly greek or latin?

So...
I am offering 10,000 F$ for winning idea for my new web site slogan.
It need to have some meaning associated with Ardoris.

I am also offering $3,000 F$ to someone who finds most useful meaning
of Ardoris for my new web site.
You need to provide URL of such definition in English.

I will decide who wins based on my own preferences.
Please do not ask why/how I choose winners :-)

Let's see who has most creative minds.
13,000 F$ waiting :D

Contest will end Midnight 26th, December, Eastern Time.
 
it is latin for "Heat"

make a website for "hell"- confession website- where the users would confess themselves , and witches and devils would burn on fire

:first:
 
Ardoris.com...

When business is arduous... you come to us...
 
Ouch!

Only two replies?

Word, Ardoris, too hard to utilize?
Come on folks, share your creative ideas :D

Thank you "Angelx666" and "-X-" :)
 
Firebrand your internet with​

"Ardoris" ​
 
Maybe have some sort of site explaining the current hype surrounding the internet, domaining and its developments.

Something like
Ardoris:The web is just heating up.

Then for your logo have a devil eating a computer, and on the screen have google!
 
Ardoris (Latin) = Ardour (English) =–noun
1. great warmth of feeling; fervor; passion: She spoke persuasively and with ardor.
2. intense devotion, eagerness, or enthusiasm; zeal: his well-known ardor for Chinese art.
3. burning heat.

So you should take this as eagerness to get information for your website.

I would make my slogan as Ardoris: Quench your thirst for knowledgde


what i would have on the site? a nice web 2.0 app which gets information about various subjects in a ticker format from various rss feeds and which would incoprate everything from text to images to video. So if a user searches for "New York" for example the search results will include info about new york, pics of new york and a few videos about ny all in one place! Thirst quenched Ardoris!
 
it is latin for "Heat"
make a website for "hell"- confession website- where the users would confess themselves , and witches and devils would burn on fire
:first:
Sorry, but, I already decided it's for web site development firm.

Ardoris.com...
When business is arduous... you come to us...
Thanks :)
Firebrand your internet with​

"Ardoris" ​
This sound fair, but...
It's still not quite right.
Firebrand?
Maybe have some sort of site explaining the current hype surrounding the internet, domaining and its developments.

Something like
Ardoris:The web is just heating up.
I like this one. Thanks :)
Then for your logo have a devil eating a computer, and on the screen have google!
You lost me with this.
Could you explain bit more about this line?
Ardoris (Latin) = Ardour (English) =–noun
1. great warmth of feeling; fervor; passion: She spoke persuasively and with ardor.
2. intense devotion, eagerness, or enthusiasm; zeal: his well-known ardor for Chinese art.
3. burning heat.

So you should take this as eagerness to get information for your website.

I would make my slogan as Ardoris: Quench your thirst for knowledgde


what i would have on the site? a nice web 2.0 app which gets information about various subjects in a ticker format from various rss feeds and which would incoprate everything from text to images to video. So if a user searches for "New York" for example the search results will include info about new york, pics of new york and a few videos about ny all in one place! Thirst quenched Ardoris!
Thanks for nice definitions.
But, I already mentioned that domain is for web site development site :)

'Ardoris Day' :first:
What's this mean?
You lost me completely :D
 
Thanks for sharing your ideas, guys/gals :)

This contest end Midnight tonight, Eastern time.
Anyone else willing to share creative ideas? :D
 
It's a brand. There is no need for any additional branding, other than the name. E.g. the Wikiwagawaga (can't remember the exact name, sorry) that Wikipedia picked for its upcoming search engine, is inferior IMO to this.
 
"Premium webdesign with raging Ardoris"
 
Originally Posted by tomclowes
Then for your logo have a devil eating a computer, and on the screen have google!

You lost me with this.
Could you explain bit more about this line?

Regarding the above that was just a random idea that came into my head regarding a possible logo for the site. You could have a devil/hell which = heat, holding a computer with a webpage on it symoblising the heating up of the internet.

Done right it would look attractive to potential visitors and re-visitors.
Good Luck
 
Ardoris your site and set the internet alight!
 
Ardoris​
Design so great, even the devil uses it.​

and I made you a little favicon/icon or image for you :) if It wins.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9146/diablichipp7.png
as you can see if your using Firefox, the image is 16 x 16, and its a favicon in the adress bar.

dont tell me that wouldnt attract a users attention if it where in the favorites.
 
Contest over!

I decided to use "Driven by Passion" as slogan.

Winner for slogan (F$10,000) - tomclowes - F$ sent
Winner for definition (3,000) - lazyleo
Almost made it (2,000) - BILLBO
All others will receive 500 F$ just for posting :D and they are...

Angelx666
-X-
Manolete
Acroplex
allanh
Rascagua

Note:
tomclowes will get F$ immediately.
All others - I don't have enough F$ at the moment, so...
I will send F$ as soon as I receive already purchased F$ from tekz999

Thanks :)
 
Wow copper, what can I say. I am truely amazed you liked my idea. Um....
If you need any other help with this idea please feel free to PM me, I will try my best to give you advice.
Once again I really appreciate your generosity and wish you the best of luck with your site.
Thanks
 
too bad I did not see the thread, I`m very good for new ideas or slogans.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom