Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed copyright ?? question

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"that the domain be transfered to the [party filing the complaint}." is to instruct the registrar to perform the transfer.

Originally posted by IPatlas

This one reporter registered McDonalds.com and gave out [email protected] as his email. I think what ticked off the food giant lawyers was the email. Had he claimed he'd never been or seen a McDonalds restaurant (and used the site to promote farm animal stories or baby rhymes) he could ve gotten away a little longer, me thinks. J/K Wait a minute, who owns "Old McDonald had a farm"?

I don't think the reporter (Joshua Quittner) meant to keep it. He registered it at the beginning of the domain name craze (1995).

This is one of the classic stories of the domain industry:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/mcdonalds.html?topic=&topic_set=

You can find a bried epilogue to the story here:

http://technoculture.mira.net.au/hypermail/0001.html

Miles

IPatlas

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Namethink

I don't think the reporter (Joshua Quittner) meant to keep it. He registered it at the beginning of the domain name craze (1995).

Miles

Legend has it the reporter fell asleep on his keyboard in the middle of a domain name search and registration session. As he went down, his chin, hands and nose accidentally pushed a combination of random keyboard keys (later discovered to constitute "mcdonalds.com"). OThers believe, his gerbil, Bill, roamed on the keyboard while Josh was asleep and is responsible for the mishap. In any event, the reporter never meant to register it or keep it thereafter, if was just a fluke as pointed by the facts.

File under: domain humor, fictitious, joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom