Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed CR80.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ia2ca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am curious about the potential value of this domain (CR80.com). But first, some background...

I was formerly in the credit card manufacturing business (yes, legit) and my company manufactured over 70 million plastic cards every year. In our industry, all cards are referred to as "CR80" in size by ANSI/ISO standards (this referred to the dimensions of 2 1/8" x 2 3/8" x .030"). It is an extremely common technical description, but industry-specific. I purchased the domain a number of years ago and never did much with it (our company had its own domain). I was approached a few years back by a company that wanted to purchase it, but never made a formal offer. They later went with CR80news.com and are still an active site today.

By coincidence, CR80 is also the model number of a very popular Honda motorcycle. A while back I used some of the online "appraise my domain" tools, and while I realize their accuracy is about as good as a cracker-jack toy, it is what made me start looking at this industry - if nothing else to learn about this market!

Anyhow, any honest opinions on the value of this domain (I realize that the end-user value is probably a lot higher to the right end-user) would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think your best bet would be try selling to them (CR80news), nothing of value here for the reseller unless it gets traffic, them multiply (montly rev) x 12 x 7 = would be the value

gobrightwork

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say put it at a parking service and see what happens. If you have a google search bar on the page, you will be able to see what people were looking for when they type in the domain. Also by the ads clicked you will get an idea - maybe half the ads on the motorcycle and the others relating to your industry cards.

There is a whole section on Parkling services on this forum.

ia2ca

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll read up on the parking information - thanks for your input. I guess I thought it might be valuable due to its short length, but since it's not a common term, maybe not.

I will most likely eventually market it to some of my former competitors (other actual manufacturers) rather than cr80news (they're just a small news outlet). Some of the larger manufacturers are Schlumberger, First Data, Arthur Blank, CPI, Oberthur, etc., so almost all are large multi-national conglomerates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom