Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Croatia Names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainAddict
Hehe Options :D

Regarding domains: im not sure what to say. However, I preffer the second one - CroatiaTrips.com. But you must know that most of their tourists are from, Holland, Germany, Slovenia, Italy, Chezch, Hungary.. and some surrounding countries - dont expect to see a Serb there, though :)

If you are into balkans area tourism, I would suggest you to take a look at MonteNegro (Crna Gora). Budva (seaside city) is heaven on earth, and whole Montenegro is very fascinating. Note that things are patching up, tourism is evolving, and many foreign corporations are already investing into south balkans area (Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia).

Offcourse, you should never forget Slovenia as well, but thats nothing new, right? :D

Geo details mixed with political, religious and ethnic issues is complex enough an issue even for the natives to have a consesus let also those who've never been there....so what a domainer ought to do if he/she can't resist the urge to reg a name within such context. Well, may be go for something like:

Balkans.info

domainAddict, 2003...is that better? (I hope you don't "hate" .INFO)..;)

Another thing just came across my mind so I checked it out; BalkansInfo.com is still available....Now I'm in a real quandry :D

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Umm most did not leave in 1945, they left later when the communist govt. allowed them too! Only those who fled into exile eg (politicians, nazis) left after the war.....hmmm where do u ppl get youre info? "German collaborators" meaning the few who supported them, not the hoards of ordinary ppl who left for a better life.

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
oh and BTW, the "Balkans" doesn't cover the whole region of the countries talked about, check you're atlas' please...thats all just to teach ppl a few things or two... I don' want to talk politics anymore...no where's my domain?

Have a good day. :)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Host Queen
The natives do have a "consensus" DryHeat, please research before you comment......

My use of "consesus" was definitely NOT for political, religious and ethnic issues, it was purely for a domainer's perspective to select most suitable name(s) given the region's business, economic and tourism related factors.

Queen, you do seem to be quite sensitive even to relatively benign remarks. BTW, I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that you guys do have "consesus" since my own experience in a another part of the world with diverse players but similar circumstances indicate that "consesus" is too rare a thing in those situations and parts of the world. Anyway, like someone rightfully suggested this is not a political forum...if you frequent one let me know and I'd consider tackling the issue there!

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DryHeat

BTW, I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that you guys do have "consesus" since my own experience in a another part of the world with diverse players but similar circumstances indicate that "consesus" is too rare a thing in those situations and parts of the world.

I am also very pleasantly surprised to hear that some guys from particular parts of the world talk about "consensus" at all since my
own experience indicate that "consensus" is too rare where one party have unlimited power in different parts of the world.:)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by options

I am also very pleasantly surprised to hear that some guys from particular parts of the world talk about "consensus" at all since my
own experience indicate that "consensus" is too rare where one party have unlimited power in different parts of the world.:)

Too much "reading between the lines" here...it's early in AM, no strong coffee yet but more importantly not all of us are smart enough to read between the lines effectively...I guess I'm one of them. Lets talk domains and not politics, please!

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup I am sensitive to these things (you would be too if you came from a country where you were bullied over the centuries by many regimes, just for one thing, the land), also because I want to let everyone know the circumtstances over there, as many ppl just get the one version or the wrong info, and more research needs to be done. There is a consensus in Croatia and the neighbouring countries, its the heavyweights like the U.S, U.N and NATO who try and make it out as if its "civil war", just like some wars that there have been in other parts of the world like some African nations.

Where in the world had you been where there were troubles?? I'm interested what you learned, and at the end of the day all situations are different.

I just hope ppl can tech eachother things as to understand us and situations better (for the good of the word) :)

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No bad intentios DH. Most of us humans are positive, good beings.
Its just that thousands of small misinformation, implanted by big
cooks, make our lifes sometimes devided.

Back to names:
Balkans.Info
Very nice if available.

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
that domain is available i believe, but do your research (pardon the pun!)

If developed would be a good opp.

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, any taker of Balkans.info for development/joint venture. It has to be someone who not only knows the area, its people, its resources and its future but also someone who'd likely get true joy by working on the project. $$ is not the main issue (I've plenty of other names better suited for that) but I'm willing to consider 50/50 deal for the equity in the domain and related project. The only criteria: You'd need to show that not only you've the skills to do the job (site development/promotion) but also good enough reasons for doing so.

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would consider going into something like that, however my ideas are towards another venture at the moment.

What capital do you project will be needed?

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
..why did my grandparents and about 100,000 folks came to Australia from the 1950's and onwards????? Not to mention all the others who left to Canada, South Africa and the U.S.
Sold souls.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by options
Uhm...Actually many escaped from 1945, mostly German collaborators.
Couldnt put it better myself..

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup I am sensitive to these things (you would be too if you came from a country where you were bullied over the centuries by many regimes, just for one thing, the land), also because I want to let everyone know the circumtstances over there, as many ppl just get the one version or the wrong info, and more research needs to be done. There is a consensus in Croatia and the neighbouring countries, its the heavyweights like the U.S, U.N and NATO who try and make it out as if its "civil war", just like some wars that there have been in other parts of the world like some African nations.

Where in the world had you been where there were troubles?? I'm interested what you learned, and at the end of the day all situations are different.

I just hope ppl can tech eachother things as to understand us and situations better (for the good of the word) :)

Good for you. Now go tell this story of yours to CNN, im sure theyd be more than willing to air this. Afterall, they are the ones who announced Slovenia, when invited to NATO as part of the "Soviet 7".

Your first few posts and already getting into conflicts.. Good start :rolleyes:And you keep saying this is not a political forum, but 100% of your posts here were nothing else nut political BS. Ive only made one easy remark, not even in english (and trust me, I have more than one reason for it) and in the next post I havent mentioned it again. In fact, I have even praised ther natural beauties and commented on domain, so get off my back.

"Where in the world had you been where there were troubles?? I'm interested what you learned, and at the end of the day all situations are different."

Closer than You, trust me..

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would consider going into something like that, however my ideas are towards another venture at the moment.
Oh please, how the hell do you qualify for doing website on balkans? No wonder internet is flooded with misinformation..

Host Queen

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking you addict, look the other comments were for the other forum users as like i said i want to teach ppl things, not put them down like you seem to do....

Options are you here now? as there may be a partner in your venture here.

Good luck to all,

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators