Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Current Observed Minimum Wholesale Price (regardless of letter combo) as of Nov 1th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pricing Guide for 3-Letter (Composed Of Letters Only) Domains:

3-Letter .com - $5500 (+ $550 since October 1, 2007 report)
3-Letter .net - $825
3-Letter .org - $275
3-Letter .info - $140 (+ $5 since October 1, 2007 report)
3-Letter .biz - $75
3-Letter .us - $60 (- $25 since October 1, 2007 report)
3-Letter .mobi - $165 (- $35 since October 1, 2007 report)

The quality of the letter composition can play a significant role in determining 3-letter valuations. General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed letter quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

Pricing Guide for 3-Number (Composed Of Numbers Only) Domains:

3-Number .com - $6400 (+ $400 since October 1, 2007 report)
3-Number .net - $1000
3-Number .org - $375
3-Number .info - $235 (+ $10 since October 1, 2007 report)
3-Number .biz - $120
3-Number .us - $135 - (Note: These are the rarest of the NNN Domains, as the registry holds a high percentage of NNN.us names)
3-Number .mobi - $500 (- $100 since October 1, 2007 report)

The quality of the Number composition can play a significant role in determining 3-number valuations. General concensus states that the numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 are considered premium numbers. Other lesser high quality numbers include: 4 and 6. Lower quality numbers include the number 0. 3-Number Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium number only domains tend to fetch a 300% to 400% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed number quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The quality of the letter composition can play a significant role in determining 3-letter valuations. General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed letter quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

Simply great. I was looking for this information since long time. I was always confused about the premium letters and nonpremium letters.

Thanks DNP, you are real 3 character domain king.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The source has been deleted from my threads by the mods few times in the past...
If you want to know the source - please PM me and I will share it with you.

Special thanks to Zasty for upddating the source every month! :eek:k:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The source has been deleted from my threads by the mods few times in the past...
If you want to know the source - please PM me and I will share it with you.

Special thanks to Zasty for upddating the source every month! :eek:k:

why do you keep posting this crap on the forum?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
price guides like this are a joke.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
( why do you keep posting this crap on the forum? )

Why do you call it crap, there is a few people that think it's was nice of him to post it ?

( price guides like this are a joke. )

That could be said about all domain name pricing, it's a real joke as there is no real standard to really price names. And it's also a joke, how some big players in this game take way more then their share. By changing rules as they go, to take much bigger share just because they can.

I'm not sure what going on here, but it looks a little over board to me. Has OP done some thing I don't know about, that a mod should take him to task about posting a guild, not the final word on the subject ?

The reason I ask is, the OP seems to know his stuff as he gets some of the best 3 LLL.com's. That I have seen and sold them even on these forums, I would think everyone knows the guild he posted is just that. And not the final word on pricing, as we all know the buyer has the final word on that.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That could be said about all domain name pricing, it's a real joke as there is no real standard to really price names.

exactly, that is what i meant to say.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2: :fish2:

arpitgosai

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
price guides like this are a joke.

I dont think the guides are joke. These all are rough estimates on prices. It is true that many domains will never sell on this price but people can get the idea about pricing. And as we all know the actual value of any domains is always depend upon the buyer, it always depends upon him how much he wants to pay for the domains.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is so complicated about this for people to understand? It isn't a requirement to sell at these prices. It's an observed wholesale price. Meaning, the source looked at sales on the open market and found these to be the lowest prices for LLL combinations. I'm not sure why people get so up in arms about him sharing his data.

Siteoffers.com

$1,000,000 Domain Owner!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post DNP - I enjoy the crap you post...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am speechless ... Nice work, mod! :undecided:

I'm sure have plenty to say.

I have asked you in the past why you keep promoting this site.

You have continued to do so, going back to March of this year, and in following months after.

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/current-...ess-letter-combo-april-2-a-thread-219778.html

My concern is whether or not you have some "other" interest in this site, other than the content? As in being a partner in some form or fashion.

Since the owner did state that his material is "copyrighted", you must have some license agreement or permission to repost his content?

As I would have no problem with the owner of the site doing promotions in the proper section of the forum, since he is a member also.

So it makes your repeated actions questionable.

Especially when the owner is not doing these updates, which you have been promoting on a regular basis here on DNF.

zesty

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Biggiedon and all,

I just came across this posting and the concerns there-in, and I feel a need to comment in order to clarify (and I want to note that my intent in posting to this thread is not to self promote myself or my website).

DNP is posting this data from my site, 3character.com, from the price guide on the site. I am under the assumption that he is posting this info to open discussion regarding 3 character domains. This material is copyright content to me, but it is often quoted on forums and in other articles on the web. I don't usually mind the content being quoted, but I do prefer it being done so with a reference to the source (which I am also aware Biggie has a particular issue with here, for reasons of his own).

I believe I should be clear in stating that I am the sole owner of this site and all the material is my original content. I honestly do not know DNP personally and he has no interest in or relationship to me or to 3character.com. I will say that I personally respect his work in 3 letter domaining and I have come to know him through his work on this forum as an observer, but there is nothing additional to this.

I feel I should also reiterate the rationale behind the guide. The prices reflected are targeted to reflect the minimum observed wholesale/reseller price for each 3 character category. This is based on recent sales data and market trends. To give an example, almost all LLL.com domains are currently selling on the wholesale/reseller market at a price above $5500, but that figure is the observed market's minimum value for which the worst letter combo (think qxz.com) would fetch as of November 1, 2007. Letter/Number quality, acronym usage, end-user opportunity and brandability are some of many major factors that can further alter higher the value of 3 character domains.

The guide was created in response to many general requests over the years to the related sales prices for various 3 character type domains. 3 character domains (particularly 3 letter domains, of which I will be up front in mentioning that I own several hundred LLL domains) are a hobby of mine and I very much enjoy tracking their growth, trends and sales. 3character.com is a site to express my research, hopefully offer helpful information to fellow domainers, and to foster discussion of all sorts. I certainly have no issue with those who disagree with anything on the site and I welcome their criticism, but I will say that my work is not speculative, but rather well researched and I stand behind it.

I do feel like I might have somehow offended Biggiedon at some point, and if so, please accept my apology. I am not aware of any particular offense, but Biggie you are a talented domainer and I am sorry if I, or 3character.com, have hurt you in any way.

I wish you all good fortunes in your work in domaining and I hope to continue to offer helpful information in 3 character domaining...as one voice among many.

Thank you all,
zesty

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great site zesty, lots of good info on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators