Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Customized Domain email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnice

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get customized domain email addresses..For instance if i want to sell widgets.com to end user i would like my email address to read webmaster@widgets.com. How do i get email addresses for domains with different extensions...com, .net, .org

Domain summit 2024

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its called email forwarding. Go Daddy has it for free as do some others while some registrars charge for it. The system then just forwards any mail for webmaster@widgets.com (or whatever) to your regular email address. You have to own the exact domain name involved, of course.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You also need to own the domain to be able to do that, or have the domain owner make you an email address.

A forwarder only works with receiving email, when you reply it will go though your regular email address.

Sounds like you need a regular email account (which most hosts and / or registrars can offer - some for a price).

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to own the exact domain name involved, of course.

I did cover that. For one name, it is easy to set up both sending an receiving via forwarding. The other end can be set up in Outlook and likely other programs. That is what I do all of the time! Buying full email accounts can get slightly price and, I suspect confusing. Personally, I think the value of what you are talking about sales wise is pretty limited especially if you end up missing a good response while attempting to troll 50 boxes.

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you park the domain with Fabulous, they do this for free. My hosting company does this for free also (dreamhost) for domains I have hosted with them. You can also setup Gmail for domains (google.com/a) though this is a bit more complicated.

Best way to send as that email address is to set it up within your Gmail account as an account you own.

I'm not very tech savvy and do all of the above on various domains without any help. It isn't very hard.

BidNo

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Likewise. I use Gmail for domains for primary email addresses with Outlook as the desktop email client. This allows sending/receiving from multiple domain addresses (and great spam filtering); just select appropriate account/domain when sending and use rules to separate received email to different folders. For the bulk of names, just set up each domain at the registry to forward any email to your primary address.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators