• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Dangerous.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
3,923
Reaction score
6
Looking for Value.. Developed or to Flip..

Any ideas for development will be kind
 
Nice name...

Decent Google result
Decent ovt/w history 80+/-
Brandable and recognizedTwo recent 2008 sales that included Dangerous such as Dangeroustoys.com $5k

All in all reseller price..
$20k+/-

I think you did well on this.
 
You could turn this into a much bigger sale with development...many directions - but one idea that seems to fit well would be to turn into ecomerrce for women's lingerie or high-end stilleto shoes...
 
$30,000 to $34,000 minimum price-range.

I sold Explosion.com for $28,000 a few weeks ago.

Dangerous.com is much better in my opinion.

Seriously develop and you can double those figures.
 
I would say $25,000 reseller. I could see this being a huge name particularly in the entertainment industry say as a label or some sort of studio. The other big use would be for a site listing dangerous products, recalls, and low car safety ratings, etc. I'm sure a big corp would pay you a pretty pence to be taken off the list or own the domain name. Subsequantly automakers with high quality and safety ratings I'm sure they'd love to post ads displaying why they're better. It's a great juxtaposition model.

Good luck!
 
I don't understand such high appraisals. Danger.com, yes, I give you that, but dangerous is not as attractive.

I like explosion much better, its a noun and its "explosive", highly developable. I don't see that much potential for profitable development in dangerous.

I might like it up to 10K.
 
I agree with the majority of learned domainers here.. thanks for you comments and you have given me some ideas.. decided not to flip this one during current economic climates.
 
I maintain that this name is a 20-30k reseller.

I thought a use could be as a forum...maybe for parents and grand parents of babies, toddlers, young kids and older kids. There is an unlimited number of dangerous situations and products parents have to deal with on a daily basis....the advertisers would be plentiful...

Just a though as far as use.
 
Last edited:
This would be an awesome brand name for an Online Magazine. Maybe geared towards car racing, motorcycles, tattoos, and the surrounding culture.

This domain has the potential to be developed into a very popular site.
 
i threw my bid in too, but the "commercial aspects" grew shorter in my mind as the minimums increased...


it kept saying "it's very.dangerous.com" for you spend these funds, unless you have solid commercial idea.

the "dangerous materials" model is good idea at first, but i asked myself "what companies want to be associated with dangerous products"?

particularly in these times.



if you can spin it positively, then maybe it can be good info site.



on the other side...


it could make for an excellent book, movie,game or song title


no quick flips unless it's a great offer.


value as is = what you paid , plus any revenue X's 20 years

imo...
 
xtreme sports forum maybe

$50K possible

this is a cult name
 
Thinking along the lines of Virus - Malware - Spyware information site.. Google has a nice API for Badware sites..
 
Ill give you this - I would rather own dangerous.com for the price paid rather then shotglass.com which sold on NJ for $16,655 a few days prior
 
i think it would make a great video site. granted i know there are a tons out there but this would make a good "jack ***" type of site or extreme sports.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom