Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Data Driven: Which TLDs Did Startups Prefer From 2015 to 2020? An Analysis of 63,455 Companies by James Iles

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Today stumbled upon James Iles post where is he analyzed 63,455 companies domain name to find which are top prefer domain TLDs. Some interesting read,

Quick Stats
In total, there are 63,455 companies on my list, along with the domain names the companies enter as their official websites on Crunchbase. This set of 63,455 companies comes from a wider list, but I’ve removed companies that don’t have an official website listed.

In this list of 63,455 companies, there are 454 different domain extensions in use. An incredible amount when you think about it.

The Top 5
The top 5 domain extensions used in this list of 63,455 companies are as follows:

1. .COM
  2. .IO
  3. .CO
  4. .AI
  5. .IN

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

MC8918

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing @
Hi Everyone,

Today stumbled upon James Iles post where is he analyzed 63,455 companies domain name to find which are top prefer domain TLDs. Some interesting read,

Quick Stats
In total, there are 63,455 companies on my list, along with the domain names the companies enter as their official websites on Crunchbase. This set of 63,455 companies comes from a wider list, but I’ve removed companies that don’t have an official website listed.

In this list of 63,455 companies, there are 454 different domain extensions in use. An incredible amount when you think about it.

The Top 5
The top 5 domain extensions used in this list of 63,455 companies are as follows:

1. .COM
  2. .IO
  3. .CO
  4. .AI
  5. .IN
Here is a full article,

https://www.jamesnames.com/2020/12/...-2015-to-2020-an-analysis-of-63455-companies/
Thank you for sharing!

chayan

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing this information with us.

chayan

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Quick Stats

The Top 5

1. .COM
  2. .IO
  3. .CO
  4. .AI
  5. .IN
There is nothing to say about .com. This is why .io is becoming popular in the IT sector.
My disagreement with these statistics is that it would not be right for Corona to verify the next five years in the next five years.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is nothing to say about .com. This is why .io is becoming popular in the IT sector.

Hi

actually, this says a lot about .com

those suckers using .io are only doing it to raise capital,
then later when they get millions in funding.... they go and buy the .com that they couldn't afford before.

check the statistics...

imo....

chayan

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

actually, this says a lot about .com

those suckers using .io are only doing it to raise capital,
then later when they get millions in funding.... they go and buy the .com that they couldn't afford before.

check the statistics...

imo....
Yes brother you are right.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators