Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Debating next step for GeoLawyers.com domain. Would appreciate help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I acquired a GeoLawyers.com domain on the drop for a city in the US which has over 62 000 people.

It's the first legal domain I've acquired so I'm excited, but debating my next step.

This city has hundreds of lawyers so my options are:

1) Flip the name to a local lawyer.

2) Develop the name that generates leads for a lawyer(s) and makes profit in that way

or

3) Build a local directly site that charges x per month ($30? more? less?) to have the lawyer list their firm. On top of that, open a article section that could be written by some lawyers thus contributing content + advertising their firm.

Using some of the profits to promote the site online and in print (local newspaper, radio station, etc.)

If you own or have owned GeoLawyers.com domains before, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on this or what you found to be successful?

Your replies are much appreciated.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would do 3 - and do a nice directory

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I might try to flip the name for your "dream" price. Compile a list of the email addresses for the lawyers in the area and reach out to them. Maybe you can get multiple bidders and who knows what it might be worth to them. If you don't get a great offer you can always develop a lead-generating site or directory.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have let it drop. It's a 2011 reg with 0 searches and the term Geo is little known outside this industry, or I should say people generally won't search for Geo bars and clubs, they will search for Las Vegas Clubs.

The only thing it does have is a brandable factor.

lawyers in fargo nd has 36 searches monthly, there are 106k residents and lawyersinfargond.com is available and a better suit for options 1, 2 and 3.

I'm sure with your city having 62k people a handreg like yourcitylawyer.com, yourcitylawyers.com, etc. Is not only available, but a better fit.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey David,

Thanks for your comments. The domain is not GeoLawyers.com.

It's a CityLawyers.com domain name where I have inserted Geo or City in place of the actual city of 62k residents.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, ok, my reading mistake. There's [a] before that.

I would try 1 then if that fails propose 2 to and 3 to each lawyer/firm.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I acquired a GeoLawyers.com domain on the drop for a city in the US which has over 62 000 people.

It's the first legal domain I've acquired so I'm excited, but debating my next step.

This city has hundreds of lawyers so my options are:

1) Flip the name to a local lawyer.

2) Develop the name that generates leads for a lawyer(s) and makes profit in that way

or

3) Build a local directly site that charges x per month ($30? more? less?) to have the lawyer list their firm. On top of that, open a article section that could be written by some lawyers thus contributing content + advertising their firm.

Using some of the profits to promote the site online and in print (local newspaper, radio station, etc.)

If you own or have owned GeoLawyers.com domains before, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on this or what you found to be successful?

Your replies are much appreciated.

4) i would park it

cuz it takes least amount of effort to potentially make a profit or produce revenue

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators